1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this off of Gunbroker years ago. The person who first bought the gun (a basic Operator) sent it back to Springfield for some work. The upper, lower, barrel, link, and bushing are stock Springfield. The balance of the workings and small parts were replaced with Wilson Bullet Proof parts, I've got the build sheet. When they got done working on it they sent it to Birdsong, of which I'm a fan. When I first got it it was exceptionally difficult to rack the slide the lockup was so tight. The wear on the slide stop pin now is VERY symmetrical. Gotta use your man hands to rack it. Berns Martin holster.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kc62BY]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kc5Cwi]
[/url][/url]

·
We Are!
2,684 Posts
I like it!

·
NRA Life Member
3,876 Posts
neat pistol!

Now throw that holster away.... exposed trigger? No hammer strap? :dead::dead::dead:

·
In Kentucky
9,287 Posts
No need for a suicide strap. I agree trigger guard needs covering

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,606 Posts
Great looking pistol and I love the holster.

I can't believe any of you guys are fretting over the exposed trigger. There was a time, not so long ago, when almost all holsters were made like that. Then lawyers got involved with everything under the sun and legal liability became a concern even where there were no safety issues and companies began changing products to protect us from ourselves. I'll bet you find far more reports of guns going off being holstered in holsters that cover the trigger than guns, and 1911s in particular, going off while in a holster that does not cover it.

·
Blossoming Addict
446 Posts
A great looking Springer Mil-Spec; basically exactly how I want to get my looking whenever I get around to it.

I wish they would have kept the rolls marks like this on the current production models, in my opinion they ruined the look with the new refresh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts