1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I purchased a TGO 1 Legend. For certain it's an awesome pistol, more accurate that one can imagine (as it was designed and built to be) and more accurate than I will ever be! With that being said, it sits in my safe and I continue to shoot my EDC pistol as it is the one I'll need to maybe rely on (hopefully that day never happens). So I wrestle with the idea of an expensive but none the less awesome 1911 at sleep in my safe. Anyone else have the same issue? Thanks

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Sure.
I'm an "acquirer", not a collector. My assemblage of firearms has no actual direction.
I have shot all my firearms, but several just a few times. Some of them are too "pretty", special or hard to come by to put a lot of mileage on.
We're "gun guys", I've given up trying to justify a lot of my "acquisitions".

·
Registered
325 Posts
gaijin, my exact feelings, as well. I purchase what catches my eye at that moment, and ultimately, that is the same way that I determine which ones go in the range bag. Op, don't beat yourself up over this!

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,449 Posts
I bought a few bnib guns early on in my Addiction, not really expensive guns then, but older and nib unfired. I mentioned to many about having this tucked away for a later date and how I would really like to shoot one of them but, I didn't want to decrease it's value. Well one day a fellow said this, and it totally changed my perspective on buying and shooting guns, he said and I quote " Saving an unfired guns is like having a girlfriend and saving her for the next guy" Now I do have a different view of that sort of behavior today, but it hasn't always been that way and I could totally relate. Needless to say I have only sold one pistol since that was ufired and that is because the purpose in buying it was to make a little off the initial investment, Everything else has seen the range and gotten used. Some not as much as others but, none of them sit in the safe anymore to just be looked at lol..

·
Registered
49 Posts
No reason to keep it. Sell it to me!

·
Cogito ergo armatus sum
1,934 Posts
At this point in time, my gun count is low enough to be able to give them all lots of attention. I'm still in the process of figuring out what exactly I like and prefer, but I do look forward to expanding in the future.

·
Registered
77 Posts
" Saving an un-fired gun is like having a beautiful girlfriend and saving her for the next guy"
Steve O. This is a great way to look at some of the guns that I, and I am sure others have "saved" and kept unfired. It rings so true to me that I think I might just adopt it as a signature line.

Looks like some of my heretofore safe queens will be de-flowered soon enough!

Thanks,

twofish

·
NRA Life Member
599 Posts
A few years ago I purchased a TGO 1 Legend. For certain it's an awesome pistol, more accurate that one can imagine (as it was designed and built to be) and more accurate than I will ever be! With that being said, it sits in my safe and I continue to shoot my EDC pistol as it is the one I'll need to maybe rely on (hopefully that day never happens). So I wrestle with the idea of an expensive but none the less awesome 1911 at sleep in my safe. Anyone else have the same issue? Thanks
I have a TGO-1--it's an awesome pistol (a total of only around 200 made).

I don't shoot mine much (due to a crazy work schedule I don't get to the range as much as I'd like--so the TGO-1 and other pistols spend a lot of idle time in the safe). That said, I have no interest in selling it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts