Squeaky leather

Discussion in '1911 Carry' started by RMF308, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RMF308

RMF308 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Has anyone ever have an issue with squeaky belt/holster leather like I do? I use a Kramer horsehide leather belt and find that it’s pretty loud no matter what holster (horse or cow) interfaces with it. I imagine that it’s the wax top coat on the belt that is causing it, or perhaps the tightness of the rig that I’m wearing. Any hack solutions for loud gunleather?

xerts1191 likes this.
  2. DMiller

DMiller Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I’ve used powder (talc, baby powder, something like that) to take the squeak out. Just a little bit on the contact points.

WC145, xerts1191 and BigJimP like this.

3. dash

dash Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Carbona shoe wax (clear color) on the contact points. Occasional re-application may be required but it’s quick and effective.

Renaissance Wax may work just as well as wax and I bet the talc powder idea above will too.

xerts1191 and BigJimP like this.
  4. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I have Kramer belt and horsehide holsters....and never had a squeak issue...??

I suggest you call or email Kramer...see what they recommend.../ they should be open around 9am west coast time on Monday / but there is a link to ask questions too if you google them...( I like the baby powder idea...)...

xerts1191 likes this.
  5. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I find squeeky leather comforting, knowing what is in it

WhoIsJohnGalt?, Fred_G and xerts1191 like this.
  6. khend1

khend1 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Mar 10, 2013
  7. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    I have at least 15 Kramer Horse holsters and a belt and I use the Carnauba wax I use on my cars and trucks. It is real 100% in a cake. (Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba) This and it just takes a tiny bit fixes it. This is not the stuff at PEP boys so make sure it is real wax not a chemical called wax lol.

KTXdm9 and BigJimP like this.
  8. skipper49

skipper49 Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Glad I stumbled on this thread, as I’m an old man, but I gone to wearing Kydex a good bit of the time simply because I sound like a Rocky Mountain pack mule, walking down the hallway of my office, when wearing leather. Kinda hard to go incognito.
    Skip

9. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Milt Sparks recommends Renaissance Wax. I've been using it for years, including on my Kramer horsehide. Just a little goes a long way.

Busa Dave likes this.
  10. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Yep that would be just the ticket as well!!!!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted