1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever have an issue with squeaky belt/holster leather like I do? I use a Kramer horsehide leather belt and find that it’s pretty loud no matter what holster (horse or cow) interfaces with it. I imagine that it’s the wax top coat on the belt that is causing it, or perhaps the tightness of the rig that I’m wearing. Any hack solutions for loud gunleather?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I’ve used powder (talc, baby powder, something like that) to take the squeak out. Just a little bit on the contact points.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Carbona shoe wax (clear color) on the contact points. Occasional re-application may be required but it’s quick and effective.

Renaissance Wax may work just as well as wax and I bet the talc powder idea above will too.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have Kramer belt and horsehide holsters....and never had a squeak issue...??

I suggest you call or email Kramer...see what they recommend.../ they should be open around 9am west coast time on Monday / but there is a link to ask questions too if you google them...( I like the baby powder idea...)...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have at least 15 Kramer Horse holsters and a belt and I use the Carnauba wax I use on my cars and trucks. It is real 100% in a cake. (Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba) This and it just takes a tiny bit fixes it. This is not the stuff at PEP boys so make sure it is real wax not a chemical called wax lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad I stumbled on this thread, as I’m an old man, but I gone to wearing Kydex a good bit of the time simply because I sound like a Rocky Mountain pack mule, walking down the hallway of my office, when wearing leather. Kinda hard to go incognito.
Skip

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Milt Sparks recommends Renaissance Wax. I've been using it for years, including on my Kramer horsehide. Just a little goes a long way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts