close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SR1911?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Dave T, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dave T

Dave T New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Anyone have any accurate information, as opposed to internet rumor, on if there will ever be any more SR1911s this year? I'd sort of like to pick up one this year because of the anniversary and because they're built in my home state (support the home team or some such). But so far every dealer I've talked to has no idea when or if they will see any more. Makes you wonder who planned this "introduction" and if they still have a job?

Dave

2. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Not sure they planned it this way, but Ruger can not keep up with demand. For Ruger, its a good thing, actually. However, they will need to increase production.

I don't think anyone will see more this year.

3. Bumper

Bumper New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Scottsdale Gun Club has had one for almost a week--at least it was there on 9/2 at noon. The downside is that they're asking full msrp ($799).

4. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Saw one at the last gun show I went to(around early August). I don't remember the price they were asking, but do know I handled it. Good luck on your search.
    -Joel

5. claimbuster

claimbuster Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    There's one over on GunBroker for $900! Didn't look to see if you get a kiss first.

Dumb luck I know, but I found one early on and I really like it.

6. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    All of my local shop's can't get a single SR1911 from any source. The closest shop got only one in and it was only because I told them to order it which is the one I have. Problem with new guns that are hard to find is the internet BS about recalls and problems when people fail to realize that most shops have a huge waiting list so even when they do show up, they never see the inside of a display case. If anything, see if you can get on a waiting list and if you find one before hand, cancel it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  7. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I have been asked this question everyday! It will be on a first ordered basis. all the orginal production run was sold quick, rumor had it, it was 150,000 and now they are only producting 60 a day. dunno if that true at all but.... i tell my customers it will probably be Dec before anyone gets one! any how the first one in my shop comes home with me ! LOL

8. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    GAT Guns in Dundee IL, saw one in the case and took a look at it. Seemed to be well made. Salesman said they had 50 in stock.

9. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I heard at a local range that they're not even out yet. haha...part of the reason I just keep to myself and not engage in the gun range chattering.

10. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    just called GAT Guns and they are all out already! damn

11. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    They sold 50 in less than a week!? Think the salesman was FOS on the amount they had available

12. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    YA said he sold the last one the day before i called.....damn to bad...still waiting LOL

13. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Interesting!
    Also I read in American Rifleman, that Ruger will donate $ 1 million to the NRA, if they sell a million guns this year. 1$ for each gun sold.

14. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    yup they are pushing hard to reach it too! and i like Ruger so im doing my part to help! Selling em and buying for myself! LOL give a good reason to add to the collection LOL. but now the old lady is complaining if i can spend $1000 on about each of my guns why can see have some wierd named designer purse!......women....

15. claimbuster

claimbuster Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    That's good! I bought a small amount of Ruger stock about three months ago and have made over 25% on my investment. So I love to see those Rugers keep selling.

Love my sr1911 and hope they come out with a 4 1/4" or 4" version soon. Nothing fancy, just a shorter barrel.

16. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Don't worry they always do. Why not follow up on a succes like everyone else.

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    The LC45 can only be around the corner.. Followed by the LC45C in 4" with triggerguard mounted laser.. Ron

18. Palouse

Palouse New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    And that's been the problem. All of them that I've seen are going for MSRP, and I've seen a few online going for well over MSRP.

While I don't anticipate the SR1911 will disappear like the Gold Label did (much to my dismay), I'm afraid the few that got them first will have gotten a good deal, but the rest of us who want one will pay substantially more when they again become available.

19. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Just stopped at Vance's in Columbus, OH. They have plenty of SR1911's for an upcoming Ruger day. They have them priced at $699. If you call in, ask for Jim. I was just shooting the bull with him and told him about this site. I might have bought a little something too :grin:

614-471-7000

20. Jbeck1911

Jbeck1911 Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Man if none of my dist have them by tues, ill buy two from Jim next week just for me and my uncle!!!!! Thx Quack

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted