Staccato C Holster

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by Sierra117, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Sierra117

Sierra117 Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Hey guys, I have a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer to. I know the holster recently changed that ships with the Staccato C, but I am curious as to is there or will there be an option to choose what handedness. I’m a southpaw, and while not a deal-breaker, just something I would like to know. Any insight would be extremely helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018

3. BBP

BBP Enabler

Feb 1, 2014
    PM coming

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Jeff Berryhill

Jeff Berryhill Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I’m going to buy a Staccato-C also and was wondering about a left handed holster.

Sierra117 likes this.
  5. rm2092

rm2092 Member

Jun 22, 2016
    I'm left handed also and when I placed my order for the Staccato C I called STI and gave them my order number for the gun, they sent me a left handed holster out at no charge.

6. BBP

BBP Enabler

Feb 1, 2014
    If you get one with a right handed holster, you should call STI. You will need to ship the RH back and they will ship you a LH.

7. Jeff Berryhill

Jeff Berryhill Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Thanks!!

8. J_o_r_d_o_n

J_o_r_d_o_n Member

Mar 4, 2019
    What was recently changed on the holsters? I picked up a C a couple of weeks ago and I’m curious what the differences are.

9. Harley B Rider

Harley B Rider Member

Jan 20, 2017
    I picked up a Staccato C 6 weeks ago and I am also curious what changed.

10. rm2092

rm2092 Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Only thing I have notice on the new holsters the clip does not have the new logo on or 2011 printed on it something like that ?

11. mjohnson6565

mjohnson6565 New Member

Mar 17, 2019
    I plan to use the included holster for appendix as soon as I add a wedge. With that said are there holster manufacturers that have owb options for the Staccato C?

Harley B Rider likes this.
  12. Harley B Rider

Harley B Rider Member

Jan 20, 2017
    DC0F8D5B-1B12-44CB-8F8C-9BB7701C02EB.jpeg
    George at One In The Chamber Gear made this one for me. He doesn’t have a blue-gun for the Staccato C, but did a great job of crafting a holster that is a perfect fit. Also, I have one on order from Lobo Gun Leather.

13. J_o_r_d_o_n

J_o_r_d_o_n Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Curious- where will you add the wedge? Outside of the trigger to rotate the grip inward or inside the muzzle area to force the top in?

14. mjohnson6565

mjohnson6565 New Member

Mar 17, 2019
    The bottom of the holster. It tends to dig into my leg otherwise. I’ve used them on my Dale Fricke Archangels for years and find they significantly increase the comfort level. In addition they push the top of the gun closer to my body.

15. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    From what I heard (no real verification of such) the older style had a fastener that rubbed against the guns finish while in the holster. Again, what I heard.

tbRich likes this.
  16. rm2092

rm2092 Member

Jun 22, 2016
    OH that’s not good at all.

17. J_o_r_d_o_n

J_o_r_d_o_n Member

Mar 4, 2019
    This is exactly correct of the holster I have, which I presume is an “original” despite also being a DLC version. Actually the wear would take place upon holstering/unholstering and would wear on the left side rail. I’ve since resorted to some Gorilla tape in the interim till my Long’s holster arrives.

Kadonny likes this.
  18. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I just picked up a couple Garrett Industries holsters for a 4” railed STI, they fit the Staccato-C perfect. I’m not a fan of the holster that came with it (first release). The gun sticks during the draw. I’m not a fan of all kydex on a carry gun and I’m sure it will accelerate wear on the contact points.

19. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I used to think the same thing until my WC Ultralight Carry got the safety flicked off while holstering once in my (quality) leather holster by catching the leather lip and it flexed just enough. Anyway, been using kydex lately as it gives me that rock solid slide and click. Yes it might accelerate wear, but so be it.

20. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    That’s why I like Garrett Industries. It’s leather lined kydex. Best of both worlds, the rigidity of kydex with the smooth draw, quietness and protection of leather. I live in hot and humid Houston, there’s no way I could sport a leather IWB holster. It would be soaking wet in no time at all.

If you’re not familiar with their holster, give them a look. https://www.giholsters.com/

Kadonny likes this.