1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I started looking at Staccatos I gave into a moment of weakness and picked up a Staccato C. Love it when I need deeper concealment. Then my quest for a P Duo was complete. Now...I stumbled into a C Duo as well. The logic side of my brain is telling me there isn't a viable reason to have both the C and the C Duo...but I'm having a hard time convincing the other side of my brain to let it go to free up funds for optics and mounting plates

·
Registered
748 Posts
Keep the C and the P DUO and get the C2 or C2 DUO. I love the C for when a little more concealment/discretion is required. I recently wore it AIWB under my suit vest at a funeral, for instance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does the C2 Duo bring to the party that the P Duo doesn't...other than a slightly shorter grip? The C Duo came home (of course) now I'm trying to convince myself (still) to move the C on to someone who would love her as I do

·
Registered
748 Posts
What does the C2 Duo bring to the party that the P Duo doesn't...other than a slightly shorter grip? The C Duo came home (of course) now I'm trying to convince myself (still) to move the C on to someone who would love her as I do
Slightly shorter grip (120 vs. 126) and shorter slide (3.9" vs 4.45"). However, it's the shorter grip-length that is significant, as it makes the most difference from a concealment standpoint.

And I have a buddy looking for a regular C, so please message me if you want to sell it.

Reactions: dunndw

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,642 Posts
I love my newly acquired "regular" C for the money it's a fantastic gun

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The C/C2 is aluminum frame and the P is steel.

Reactions: J_o_r_d_o_n

·
Registered
281 Posts
I will be in the market for a C2 Duo when they start becoming readily available. (and when I recover from the other 3 STIs I have purchased this year) I bought a P and a P Duo. I may sacrifice the P for a C2 Duo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’d take the C2 over the C any day, even though it has a little more girth and weight to it. Fits my hand so much better, always felt like the C was a tad small in the grip.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I’d take the C2 over the C any day, even though it has a little more girth and weight to it. Fits my hand so much better, always felt like the C was a tad small in the grip.
My C2 has yet to arrive, so I can't compare... but... I have owned both a Guardian and a DVC Carry, and I shoot the C better than either of them. Even better than my DS Tactical. I have fairly large hands, too, with long fingers. I don't know, just something about the C that works exceeding well for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My C2 has yet to arrive, so I can't compare... but... I have owned both a Guardian and a DVC Carry, and I shoot the C better than either of them. Even better than my DS Tactical. I have fairly large hands, too, with long fingers. I don't know, just something about the C that works exceeding well for me.
I should have been a little more clear in my description- Small in length, not circumference. The C was fine for my finger length but the heel of my palm would wrap under the grip a little. Regardless, it was still good and if the C works for you then excellent. I’d love to know how the C2 compares in results once you get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have the C and a C2 will be arriving in a couple days. I sold my P to generate funds for the C2, not i'm trying to decide if I need the C. I love it because it doesn't print at all, but I have the Sig 365 XL as well...not sure I need both.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have the C and a C2 will be arriving in a couple days. I sold my P to generate funds for the C2, not i'm trying to decide if I need the C. I love it because it doesn't print at all, but I have the Sig 365 XL as well...not sure I need both.
Did you ever decide if you were going to keep the C or the P365xl? I'm trying to decide between a C duo, C2 duo or just another xl.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have a C2 Duo and P Duo on order but I carry a 365 with the XL grip mod and thumb safety a great deal of the time. Just ready for my two duos to show, only been a month, so another month to go is the estimate.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I’ve found with by build I can conceal a 2011 just as easy as a 1911. That’s why I sold my C. It just sat in my carry rotation drawer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts