1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the difference in the width of the grips between the C and the C2?

I’d also like to see a picture of a side-by-side comparison of the two if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can't really help, this is all I found online for the C - 2019:

Length 7.44 x Grip Width 1.07 x Height 4.94 - Width at Safeties 1.49
Weight - 26.6 oz

This is for the P - 2019, but I think the C2 should be close since it's double stack:

Length 7.93 x Grip Width 1.33 x Height 5.60 - Width at Safeties 1.49

STI charged me for my C2 today. Hopefully it gets here soon. I will dig out my caliper and measure grip width for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can't really help, this is all I found online for the C - 2019:

Length 7.44 x Grip Width 1.07 x Height 4.94 - Width at Safeties 1.49
Weight - 26.6 oz

This is for the P - 2019, but I think the C2 should be close since it's double stack:

Length 7.93 x Grip Width 1.33 x Height 5.60 - Width at Safeties 1.49

STI charged me for my C2 today. Hopefully it gets here soon. I will dig out my caliper and measure grip width for you.
You are correct- The width of the P at the grip will be the same as the C2 with the only difference being the length of the grip.

The biggest difference in feel between the C and C2 will obviously be the girth but you’ll also notice the C2 might fill your palm more. Those with big hands might feel the bottom of their palm coming around the back of the grip on the C a little which won’t happen as much on the C2.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
He needs more lighting but its side by side

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
294 Posts
He needs more lighting but its side by side

I saw this. Very bad quality. I’m looking for a simple measurement of grip width, which I’m surprised is this hard to find.

It being such an uncommon pistol to see in a shop it could be a deal breaker for some if it’s too wide (including me).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can’t help with the measurements for the C but when I get home I’ll measure my C2 grips and provide on this thread.

·
294 Posts
Ok here are the C2 grip measurements I just took using my caliper:

Front to back below Grip Safety
2.112 inches (53.66mm)

Side to Side
1.290 inches (32.74mm)

Bottom of Trigger Guard to Bottom of grip (including Mag Well)
2.812 inches (71.43mm)

Daaaaang really?

That’s good news.

I need some calipers to measure mine. I don’t think the measurements from Sig can be accurate for my gun. Or could a doublestack C2 really be thinner than my single stack Sig 1911? It reads as 1.4 on their site.

·
294 Posts
With a crude measurement via tape measure my Sig 1911 is 1.25 with slim VZ grips. I was gonna rule out the C2 in fear of the grips being really wide.

Wish someone near me had one to hold but now I’m more hopeful. Does it feel similar to a 1911 .45 single stack? In terms of width?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to measure @richcraig11

1 - 11 of 11 Posts