1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was originally going to get the C2 DUO, but changed my mind when I found out you have to pay extra to put a quality RDS on it. So, I ordered the regular C2 a couple months back from my crack pusher- I mean gun dealer- in Baltimore, picked it up yesterday and put a quick 100 rounds thru it tonight. 60 FMJ and 40 JHP. I'm very pleased w/ first blush accuracy. I shoot it better than the more expensive DVC Carry I had- maybe because the C2 has the same long trigger as my other STI's, whereas the DCV Carry had a short trigger? Not sure, but short triggers and my long fingers don't mix too well. Gun was tight (almost stiff) and dry when I picked it up. Lubed it in all the right places and hand-cycled it a bunch, and of course put 100 rounds thru it, and it's much smoother now. Not a single hiccup, regardless.

One thing I notice on the C2 vs my Staccato C is less recoil impulse. I'm not sure whether that's because of the slightly heavier weight or because of the bigger grip, but I suspect it's the latter.

Thanks to [email protected] for the good deal and smooth transaction, and don't shoot one of these unless you want to buy one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice!

what do you mean that you have to pay extra to put a quality red dot on the Duo?
The C2 Duo comes with the Carry Duo system included rather than the Tactical Duo system. He’s basically saying to install a Trijicon RMR (higher quality than the Romeo Zero, RMSc, or JP red dots that the Carry Duo system accommodates) you have to buy an RMR Mount separately.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The C2 Duo comes with the Carry Duo system included rather than the Tactical Duo system. He’s basically saying to install a Trijicon RMR (higher quality than the Romeo Zero, RMSc, or JP red dots that the Carry Duo system accommodates) you have to buy an RMR Mount separately.
Thanks, you got to it before I did.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice. I’m waiting for one so I’m glad to see them starting to pop up. The place where I ordered from placed an order in December 2019 so hopefully it will be here soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I currently have the P model and almost bought the C2 duo a couple weeks ago but it didn't have the RMR plate so I passed on it. I might be wrong but I think the Dawson Precision RMR plate is another $100+. Other than that the C2 felt really nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts