1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I have a C2 Duo on order and have been shopping red dots. What I've noticed is shipping/wait time on a lot of these is sometimes 1-4 months, so I'm looking to order soon so it's hopefully here by the time my C2 arrives.

The C2 ships with the Carry DUO, not the Tactical DUO like the Staccato P. To save the money/time of ordering the Tactical DUO I've been looking at my options with the Carry DUO.

I think I've settled on Shield. They offer the RMS, and more recently offer the RMSc. They state the RMSc is compact/suited more for single stack guns. Would I be better going with the RMS or RMSc on the Staccato slide?

TIA

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of those require a $140 plate/kit from Dawson Precision. I'm trying to avoid that.

The Duo Carry currently accepts;
Sig Romeo Zero
JP JPoint
Shield Reflex Optics

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
We have the new Holosun 507k on order. Another K model as well. I can't remember which though. Should be in stock soon

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yep, order the Holosun 407k or 507k. Same footprint as the Romeo Zero, but far more robust than the all polymer Sig sight. Only difference between the 407/507 is the reticle.

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
The 507K will not be available for a little while yet. I know as I have the first ones available allocated.
The 507K has the same mount as the sig Romeo zero.
Gee...wonder why...
All of those require a $140 plate/kit from Dawson Precision. I'm trying to avoid that.

The Duo Carry currently accepts;
Sig Romeo Zero
JP JPoint
Shield Reflex Optics
All of which are substandard.

Pony up, buy the plate and get a 507c or 508t. Buy once and be DONE. Otherwise you will end up breaking a substandard dot and have to spend more money to correct your gear. Never a good idea.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered a 507K from Kenzies. Estimated ship is early May. Now the waiting game starts...

Still waiting on my C2. All my local FFLs are not processing transfers currently so if it does ship soon I'm not even sure how I'll get it! :facepalm::cry:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I currently own several different red dot equipped pistols. A Sig P365XL with Shield RMSc, a STI 1911 with Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, a Ruger 1911 with Holosun 507c, a STI 2011 with Trijicon RMR06 and two STI 2011’s with Holosun 507c.
I bought the Shield sight because the Sig Romeo Zero wasn’t out yet and I had just bought the P365XL. I don’t know much others here have shot or used this sight but I’ve been pleased with it through several thousand rounds and one shoulder height drop onto a concrete porch and down three concrete steps. It was a little banged up, no damage to the lens and held zero.
The Leupold came with the pistol. It has a large window and seems nice. I haven’t shot it as much as the others. From what I’ve seen online it isn’t near as durable as the Trijicon, which is the gold standard of durable red dots, or the Holosun.
The Trijicon is great but overly expensive in my opinion.
The Holosun, by evidence of me having so many, is my preferred red dot. It’s durable, auto adjustment, shake awake, dot or circle/dot and is affordable. The Version 2 looks to be very nice.
It’s also evident that I like STI guns. The HOST guns, which preceeded the DUO system, are what I’ve got so I can’t speak on the DUO system. I haven’t experienced any issues with the HOST system though. As far as STI messing up with the C2 guns being set up for the micro red dots, I disagree. This pistol was designed as a carry gun and the micro red dots won’t hang over the slide as much. Like I said above, I’ve been happy with the Shield. However, it was all that was readily available when I was shopping. Based on my experience with the Holosun brand, I’ll be very interested in the new 407K and 507K and that is likely what I’d put on the C2 if it were me.
If you’re interested in some good info on red dots and the testing of their durability, check out Aaron Cowen of Sage Dynamics on YouTube.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you’re interested in some good info on red dots and the testing of their durability, check out Aaron Cowen of Sage Dynamics on YouTube.
I (pre)ordered the Holosun ~30min after watching his video on the Shield.

I'd love an RMR and the proven reliability of it but just can't stomach the ~$700 it would cost to get there with a new optic plate + RMR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my C2 DUO today and to my surprise it came with the "Tactical" RMR plates... And of course my Holosun 507c already shipped. What would you do?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts