1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rookie question. I've in the market for a daily carry piece and I'm looking hard at a C2 with an RMR mounted. I've watched a number of vids on Staccatos and was prepared to drink the kool-aid, until... I ran across a lengthy thread on another forum about all kinds of magazine-related problems with Staccato pistols, in this instance primarily the P. I had already learned that mags seem to have been a problem area for STI/Staccato 2011s for some time. The official word is that with the latest generation of mags, they really do work! Over 2500 law enforcement agencies, the US Marshal Service Special Ops guys, blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line: from people who actually run them on a daily basis - do they work, or am I better off looking elsewhere? I'm not financially independent, haven't recently won a billion dollar lottery, don't have money to burn, etc. I want to buy once. If I'm better off with a Glock (just kidding), let me know, please!!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I purchased a C2 a couple months ago. I put 300 rounds thru it that afternoon fairly quickly. I then fired 50 rounds of GD124+P and 50 rounds of HST 124+ P with zero issues. I was looking into Stacatto 12 months before and had read some similar reports of magazine issues so I backed away. Decided to go and look again. Pistols feel awesome and are very well put together. I was told that the Gen 2 mags fixed the issues. Trusted my LGS and purchased it. My sales guy has been carrying his for those same 12 months. The C2 will blow you away! Seriously! When I was waiting on mine at the store, I spoke to a police officer that owned a C2 and was picking up a P DUO to carry for duty. He told me to have a shooting buddy video me while I was shooting it for the first time. He said I would have a smile from ear to ear. Well, he was right. I’ve carried a G19 for the last 10 years. Awesome weapons! The C2 is better and has the 1911 style trigger and reset which I prefer. Shoots much faster. Did I mention it’s extremely accurate too?

Just my $0.02. However, I don’t shoot it everyday. Im extremely impressed so far. Hopefully someone can answer the “every day” question.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Only issue is the top round will pop out if you eject a mag with rounds in it from time to time. Just an annoyance, not really a failure.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought my first STI in mid-2018, a DS Tactical. I've bought 7 more since then, some new, some used. Have never had a magazine issue to date.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All of my STI's where nothing but trouble, mags, extractors, ejectors, links everything broke and never run reliable.
It was ridiculous that you bought $100 mags and the first thing you had to do is send those for "tunning"
Don't know about the new models but STI was not for me anymore several years ago!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Received my 1st Staccato a 2019 P-Duo Nov. 2019 that's had an SRO on it since day one w/ 2K+ trouble free rds. thru it.

I added an XC in April 2020, mounted an SRO on it w/ zero issues to date & I have a slightly smaller collection of gen 1 & 2 mags. like Claybuster above.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have a C2 Duo and a Guncrafter X2 and run the same mags in both guns - zero failures in either gun from new. Looks like STI got these right.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Gen 2 magazines are good in my guns.
Gen 1 works ok in my 2012 Eagle 9mm but the Gen 2s seem smoother.
But Gen 2 is a big improvement in my 2011 frame parts gun "Buzzard" .45, actually feeding SWCs that the Gen 1s wouldn't.
MBX is good but more expensive.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I’ve got a lot of them and shoot them often. Most of the current generation mags have been fine for me. But, that’s not to say I haven’t had any issues. I have had some followers break, but that was a quick and easy remedy. On a couple of them, I have had the rounds stack side by side inside the mag tube completely preventing any more feeding.
The new mags with the updated springs are a huge improvement. And although I have had some issues, I still consider them carry worthy (not the mags that have double stacked) and carry a 2011 of some sort more often than not. I also shoot a Wilson Experior double stack, and while I consider the STI guns more “shootable” for me, I’ve never had a mag issue with the Wilson.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far the replies are mostly positive, which looks promising. Maybe I'll pass on a new Glock 19 after all... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have one of STI's last handguns built in an adult caliber (.45ACP), and their Gen-2 mags work great.
I'm strictly concerned with 9mm pistols here. Guess I should have specified.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My STI Gen 2, SVI, and MBX mags all work great in my 2011s. The SVI and MBX feel more bullet proof but they all work the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
What ammo are you guys shooting?

I went mostly subsonic and that means flat points or even Hollowpoints. It has been a journey to say the least but STI customer service has been great. And based on the number of Staccatos sold since 2019 it sounds like I am a minority.

I have 18 Gen 2 Mags and 1 MBX. 2500 rounds in a 2019 P, so not a lot of shooting unfortunately.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went to 124gr when I picked up my Staccatos.

Mostly Magtech and S&B FMJ, Speer Gold Dot for HP.

No issues to report.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Over 5k rounds through my C2. Absolutely love mine.

I've been cycling the same 3 mags since I got it. They've been dropped in mud and dirt and continue to run (after a few taps and shakes 😜).

The ONLY issue I have is an occasional failure to feed with 115gr Syntech. Seems the case rim gets hung up on the edge of the chamber and prevents the cartridge from entering the chamber.

Everything else I've run through has been flawless, including Speer, Blazer, heavier flavors of Syntech, and HSTs.

Get one, you will not be disappointed!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts