1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be here in 2-4 days and in the meantime, I've got a few questions:

1. Does the flared magwell come off?
2. Do I need to order a mounting plate from Staccato or someone else for a Leopold Delta Point Pro?
3. Does it need a 2011 specific holster or will one made for a railed 1911 work?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

2. Do I need to order a mounting plate from Staccato or someone else for a Leopold Delta Point Pro?
3. Does it need a 2011 specific holster or will one made for a railed 1911 work?

Thanks
Item 3. The trigger guard is square so an average 1911 holster won't work. Milt Sparks Versa Max II is available for it with the optic. I contacted them about a Criterion for my C2. I got an email back from them indicating the Criterion is not available but the Versa Max II is but you must specify you need it modified for an optic.

Reactions: TexasBB

·
Registered
834 Posts

Thanks
Is it 2021 version? Delta point pro should direct mount, but you may need to purchase a rear sight from them or Dawson if you want that capability. The magwell comes off but you will need a shorter main spring housing pin. If it’s for a railed 1911 with a light mounted, the holster should work. As mentioned above, if no light probably won’t work.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Thanks
I know Tenicor makes really nice holsters and they have them made for the P. I just got a P myself, but didn't get a holster yet, as I'm not sure if I'll carry or just use at the range

·
Registered
225 Posts
#1. Yes, it is held in place by the MSH pin.

#2. You will need this...

#3. Frame is shaped differently so you will need a model specific holster. LAS Concealment offers both IWB and OWB versions. I've placed orders for both a LAS Tizona as well as a Safariland ALS 6379RDS.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it 2021 version? Delta point pro should direct mount, but you may need to purchase a rear sight from them or Dawson if you want that capability. The magwell comes off but you will need a shorter main spring housing pin. If it’s for a railed 1911 with a light mounted, the holster should work. As mentioned above, if no light probably won’t work.
Yes, it is the 21 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
My Red Hill Tactical holster for a Colt Rail Gun with X300 does not fit my 2021 P DPO with an X300 installed. Holster body is not wide enough. There does appear to be sufficient height on the sight channel though, which was where I had anticipated issues.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts

Thanks
My DPO didn't come with a mounting plate, I had to order one, I got mine from Dawson Precision for my HOLSUN 507C X2 it was the only one I could find in-stock. Like others said holsters are out there you just need to decide wether you want kydex or leather, I prefer leather. I use a TT GunLeather OWB rig, I placed an order for a new one with the optic cut for my DPO. I've got a few shorter pins to replace the Mag. Well pin if you decide to take it off PM me and I'll send you one they are stainless couldn't find any blued ones you would have to touch up the ends if you care about that.
. Here's a pic of my older model P 4.14 Full rail and a couple of my new DPO, I changed out the Grip Module's for the EXTREME Shooter's Grip Module's with their Dragon Skin. 1st. pic is the 4.14, the others are the DPO along with the Dawson Mount
20210116_123727.jpg
20210311_144212.jpg
20210312_152552.jpg
20210312_152631.jpg
20210312_155339.jpg
20210320_124453.jpg
20210312_160054.jpg
20210320_124503.jpg

Reactions: 1L26 and TexasBB
1 - 9 of 9 Posts