1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a Staccato P or WC EDCX9. Seems like everyone loves both.

Which would you get and why?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I recently got the chance to shoot the staccato P and really loved it. I then bought the edc x9 for a crazy price and it was worth every penny and more. I think it really comes down to size. If you are using it for edc I would choice the wilson as it is smaller. But I don't think you could go wrong with either. I have every intention to buy a staccato p also. Flip a coin or just be patient to see what comes up on the used market.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The WC is smaller and sized more in line to a Glock 19, so might be the better pick if after a CCW. If a range toy, the STI might fit that role better. I have read a few reports of the WC not surviving high round counts but have no personal experience. I have around 1200 rounds through mine with no issues.

I think STI is on a hype train, so for my money, I'd pick the WC.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,411 Posts
And as an addict usually does...
I gave up and said screw it and bought them both.
Problem solved:eek:.o:

If I had to sell one.....:bang:
Like I said. Screw it!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Which would you get and why?
These guns have very different grips. Based on my own experiences, for whatever that's worth, I suspect that you'll know which one is right for you once you've had a chance to actually hold each in your hand. They each have a distinct feel.

A few months after the EDC X9 first came out, our classified section and my LGS seemed to be flooded with used EDC X9's. As best as I could tell, some people just didn't like the shape of the grip.

What works well for one person may not work for you. Do what's right for you.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My choice was the EDC X9. It just looks like a more "refined" handgun. I look forward to proving whether it can stand up to high round counts.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,821 Posts
Imo this isn’t even a debatable choice. The EDC X9 is the superior weapon. I own an X9, and considered the STI for a moment... I haven’t had one single problem with the X9. It’s the pistol I carry most.

I recently had a chance to try out the Staccato and it was a total let down... Esp given the high praises it’s received.

The triggers were not even in the same ball park, as the Wilson was far superior. The feel and fit are also an easy choice for me to say. The Wilson IS just better...

So, how did they shoot? All I can say is I shoot my EDC very dirty often. Not one single issue. Using the same ammo as Inuse in my Wilson... on a dirty range gun, I had 4 failure to eject/stove pipes with the STI.

Im not sure if Im giving the STI a 100% fair shake given its a range gun, but my mind is made up...

Hands down the X9.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
These guns have very different grips. Based on my own experiences, for whatever that's worth, I suspect that you'll know which one is right for you once you've had a chance to actually hold each in your hand. They each have a distinct feel.

A few months after the EDC X9 first came out, our classified section and my LGS seemed to be flooded with used EDC X9's. As best as I could tell, some people just didn't like the shape of the grip.

What works well for one person may not work for you. Do what's right for you.
I have had both and grip was the issue for me. I could not adapt to the X9 grip, do not like the xtac, and you are stuck with what Wilson gives you because there are no aftermarket options. The STI grip is what I would consider a more conventional grip, at least for a double stack, and it suits me. Also, there are some aftermarket options with the STI grip. I suggest you get your hands on both.

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,206 Posts
Unfortunately none of my LGS carry any custom pistols let alone an EDC X9. Heck, seeing an STI is as rare as hen’s teeth. I’ve purchased the overwhelming majority of my firearms sight unseen/online, only after doing research.

Would those of you who own an EDC say it has a grip angle similar to a Glock 19? If so, then I’m out. Those just aren’t for me, at all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had the Wilson and picked it up cheap on another forum, basically stole it.

I was listing over the idea of a 1911 style G19 sized gun for years.

Trigger was ok, not great, finish was weak and prone to chipping flaking, but most importantly.... I didn’t shoot it better than guns 1/3 to 1/4 the cost.

First day at the range with it was also the first day I shot my Cajunized P01. I was more accurate and the P01 felt 10x better in my hand TO ME.

Sold the X9.

I have an STI tactical 5 inch 9mm that shoots lights out; it actually makes me look like a decent shooter.

I’ll end up purchasing a C2 Duo this year.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The EDC X9 uses modified Walther PPQ mags. Does the grip feel at all like a PPQ? Lots of those in gunshops to handle.
Jeff

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hmm, I wouldn't say so. The hump in the PPQ, with the medium insert, is more narrow and pronounced to me, whereas the WC is more rounded. Best comparison I can think is a narrower feel like a Hi-Power with a slight more arched feel towards the bottom.

I had the same issue before I got mine in that I wanted to handle one first. Luckily some local shops ended up getting a few so I didn't buy blindly.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts