1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Staccato R would be legal for USPSA Single Stack division? The rule book says that the frame has to be metal, does the modular frame of the STI count?

"Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public and have their basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John M. Browning. Pistols made from components that duplicate the factory originals are acceptable. Frames must be metal."

·
Registered
176 Posts
Interesting question. One, I would like to know the answer to also.

While technically, the frame is metal and the grip is polymer, I could see them being a stickler on it.

I wonder if STI has talked to USPSA about it?

@Buck P for info.

dvs6

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Seeing as STI is a big USPSA sponsor (heavily in single stack, title sponsor many years), yes it is approved. I believe they Reviewed the rules and built the pistol around them then USPSA tweaked then last year to clarify that it was legal. (That’s the rumor).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I recently picked up a Staccato P DUO which I'm super impressed with, it's my first 2011 and I haven't had a single stack of any type in about 15 years (I've been shooting CZs since then). I saw the R and started thinking of excuses to buy one...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.