1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone try a short trigger for your Staccato? I picked one up from Dawson and put it in over the weekend. It's same as stock, just short. Easy to "fit."....meaning other than cleaning it up a little it dropped right in. Everything feels about the same as stock as far as the pull characteristics, play, etc. Like it so far with my short fingers. Ultimately I'd like to try a flat aluminum cheeley, or something similar, but figured this would be good fitting practice while I wait for them to restock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I have one but don't care for it. If my finger is too low it rubs against the channel in the trigger guard. I'd also like to try an aluminum one, but will shoot the gun as-is for awhile to see if it gets any better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one but don't care for it. If my finger is too low it rubs against the channel in the trigger guard. I'd also like to try an aluminum one, but will shoot the gun as-is for awhile to see if it gets any better.
I agree... I think it's at least for my hand it's a little too short at the deepest part and easy to "overshoot" my finger too low or high.

I put a Vario I got from Atlas Gun works in this AM. Short flat. Expensive but very nicely made. Took some real work for my Neanderthal self getting it fitted and dialed in but it feels awesome. Cleaner, no play side to side or up, and the slight amount of creep in the stock trigger is gone. Might be worth a shot if your still wanting one.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, all their extra short triggers are out-of-stock.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have the same issue with short triggers and the 2011 trigger guard but what works for me is a medium or longer trigger, which seems to keep my finger from dragging on the bottom of the trigger guard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted an extra short as well, but the cool thing about the xline vario is it has an adjustable shoe via a threaded screw. With a short flat, you have a range from pushing extra short when screwed all the way down against the bow, to medium long. If you want it even shorter, the shoe can be removed and the back can be carefully filed for even further adjustment.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am forced to run short triggers in all my 2011s and Staccatos. My small hands won't get the finger placement I prefer otherwise. I was very happy with the results of the STI short triggers - all dropped in with no fitting. My B-8 scores went up 3-5 points.

I did give an Atlas Vario X-Line trigger a try - went with the short curved because I could not find an extra short flat anywhere in stock. Very happy with it, but I had to file at the plastic grip for an hour (going very slowly). It doesn't look pretty but the function is smooth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If either of you are still looking for an extra short flat, Speed Shooters International has them in stock. Never heard of them but they shipped very fast.

The Varios seem to drop in almost perfectly out of the box in my gen 2 grip. The gen 1 ES grip (which is what I put it in) took some fitting.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Speed shooters is good to go. I’ve ordered from them and they’ve been around a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If either of you are still looking for an extra short flat, Speed Shooters International has them in stock. Never heard of them but they shipped very fast.

The Varios seem to drop in almost perfectly out of the box in my gen 2 grip. The gen 1 ES grip (which is what I put it in) took some fitting.
Everywhere was out of stock of the short Vario so I ordered the ECG short trigger. Thanks for the heads up, I might order a Vario to mess with. I found a local 1911 guy who can fit triggers if need be.

First, my Gen 2 Staccato Grip + STI Trigger obviously worked well from the factory. That same trigger dropped into a Extreme Grip, but was a little tight. I did not mess with it since it works.

The ECG trigger came in today and I was expecting it to be very raw and need to be fitted. Well, it dropped right into the Gen 2 housing and looks good to me. Go figure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts