Staccato vs DVC

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by HOGRIDER, Aug 11, 2019.

1. HOGRIDER

HOGRIDER Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    As I have transitioned to the 2011 platform with my first: the Staccato P, I have enjoyed shooting this Stac P more than any other platform I have owned and shot in the past.

At this point, I am very anxious to get my next 2011 which will definitely be an STI! What has really captured my fancy is the DVC L; and more specifically the 2018 version of the DVC Limited in hard chrome with the gold/TiN barrel.

What's got me concerned the most is the $1000 premium for the DVC vs the Staccato P and/or the upcoming Staccato L. Yes, I can see the lightening of the slide along with the fully adjustable rear sight. And the grip and magwell......

I'm hoping that those of you that own both can shed some hard core facts as to where/why this difference is justified.

Thanks for any and all comments!

2. BBP

BBP Enabler

Feb 1, 2014
    I have a hard chrome DVC L with black barrel arriving tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IANative and HOGRIDER like this.

3. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    So I’ll chime in with my opinion that STI is keeping the Staccato line prices artificially low to attract government contracts, which it has been doing.

There is more fit and finish put into the DVC line but I don’t really see a $1000 difference. The DVC line is priced about where it should be, the Staccato line is just too good a deal to pass up with features similar to the DVC line.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  4. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I got a very good deal on my DVC limited. Mine is the island barrel model. I also have a few Stacatto Ps. Shooting them back to back, they are very similar. I’d give the edge in recoil and front sight staying put to the Limited. The fit and finish is great in both, and both of mine are DLC coated. Is there a 1000 dollar difference in shootability? Not to me, but I haven’t regretted my purchase of the DVC one bit. It came with two more magazines, and the Dawson magwell is easier to reload.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  5. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    Dan: Thanks for the heads up..........

Not sure if there are any out there, but this Limited in 9mm would be my most desirable 2011 purchase......for now...... ;)
    DVC Limited.png

6. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I forgot to mention that I own a couple DVC guns, a Staccato-C and a couple Tacticals which were basically the same guns as the Staccato-P’s. I’d still buy the DVC guns for the design, features and upgraded fitting.

Man of Corn likes this.
  7. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    There’s a couple of the model you’re looking for on GunBroker. A new one for $2999 and a used for $2500.

Don’t be shy of buying a used STI. It has their lifetime warranty wether you’re the 1st or 100th owner.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  8. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    Des:
    I follow your posts with great interest as I'm aware of your affection for the STI line. Also noted in your post in Gunsmithing about the DVC Sear, that you've had a tour of the factory. So I was hoping you would shed some light on my concerns with first hand info.

Thanks for your feedback!

:thumbs:

9. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    They also have a hard chrome /TiN version with the island barrel for $3199. That would be the bee’s knees.

HOGRIDER likes this.
  10. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    Glad that you mentioned this as I've not owned an island barrel pistol; and was wondering if the small additional costs would be justified..........

11. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I can’t say that we got into the the differences between production methods of the 2 guns. It was only a couple hour general tour and meet and greet with a couple of the employees. I did get to handle a couple cool guns before they were released to the public.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    HOGRIDER likes this.
  12. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I would definitely say yes it’s worth it. Less reciprocating mass, steady non moving sight, and more amount of detailed fitting to make the gun. I’d definitely spend the extra $200. An island barrel gun is on my short list.

HOGRIDER likes this.