1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,

So I recently picked up my Combat Master and instantly fell in love. The only downside is it's not optics ready. So I am stuck trying to decide on the P Duo or DVC P. Is the DVC P worth the extra $1400 or will I just be as happy with the P Duo and the Combat Master. I am brand new to the STI world and am already planning to shed some Glock weight lol. Any info is greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks
- Jason

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Value is in the eye of the purchaser. Personally I think the Omni it DVC-P and now the Staccato-XC is worth the additional funds. You’re not just paying for the optics ready setup but you are paying for the one piece barrel/comp. those guns shoot ridiculously soft and flat.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,573 Posts
Hello guys and gals,

So I recently picked up my Combat Master and instantly fell in love. The only downside is it's not optics ready. So I am stuck trying to decide on the P Duo or DVC P. Is the DVC P worth the extra $1400 or will I just be as happy with the P Duo and the Combat Master. I am brand new to the STI world and am already planning to shed some Glock weight lol. Any info is greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Thanks
- Jason
Had the same question. Easy choice for me.
The Staccato P was priced lower to attract the LE market,and thus is the better value. I bought the Staccato P Duo, I also preferred the original Staccato P grip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The new staccato-p with the 4.45” barrel shoots as flat as the XC, but not as soft. The P is less picky with ammo because it is not compensated. If for duty use 100% P, if its a fun gun definitely XC.

also, the grip modules can be changed, so if you like the old grip you could put one on.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Buck, speaking of grips. It’s been a huge mystery why removing the Staccato-C’s grip voids the warranty. Can you shed any light on this as I’ve removed countless 2011 grips over the years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
t
The new staccato-p with the 4.45” barrel shoots as flat as the XC, but not as soft. The P is less picky with ammo because it is not compensated. If for duty use 100% P, if its a fun gun definitely XC.

also, the grip modules can be changed, so if you like the old grip you could put one on.
thanks, I was not aware that you can actually purchase the tree bark style grips. Again, I'm new to the STI world so this is great news!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Buck, speaking of grips. It’s been a huge mystery why removing the Staccato-C’s grip voids the warranty. Can you shed any light on this as I’ve removed countless 2011 grips over the years.
[email protected] told me that the C grip is in there so tight (maybe even said there was some adhesive?) that it’s challenging to remove without some damage. I think I called him right after you posted about them starting to do work on that gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.