1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well it seems as if some parts are getting harder and harder to locate.. I am not finding any that fit my need currently so wondering does anyone have a Stainless Steel arched Mainspring housing they would be willing to part with? The key is Stainless steel I have several blued and nickel plated but, no stainless. If another Smith could maybe help me out, I'd be sure and return the favor at some point.. Thanks..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has bee procured thanks out to @SparkyAZ What a great bunch of Addicts we got here for sure. And 20 mins to boot, spent more time in the google search than I did asking for one lol..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear you located one, Steve! For what it’s worth, I think the last one I purchased was from Ed Brown.
I looked there, but didn't see any arched mainspring housings offered now.. But, could of been I overlooked. Thanks for the info I'll look again real quick. Parts are getting harder and harder to find when demand changes so does the parts market..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, let me check my catalogue. I'm also thinking I've gotten some from EGW

Catalogue is MIA
They've changed up things since they went from cast to machine I believe honestly didn't check EGW but, wasn't aware they carried arched..I'll have to check thanks for the info.

Actually they had arched in blue only and arched with lanyard loop blues only ..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the need comes up in the future . . . .

View attachment 395019

The 4th one is a flat stainless serrated.

G
Actually the first thing I did think of was PMing you instead of the thread post lol, I knew you had more than your share, and remember you saying you were about to start changing them out... I'm sure it won't be the last one I'll use. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts