1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I install A Stan Chen SI magwell on a Dan Wesson Valor, will it fit the grips that originally came with it?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If I install A Stan Chen SI magwell on a Dan Wesson Valor, will it fit the grips that originally came with it?
Any pointers on the magwell install would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I installed one on a Valor, slid right into place with no fitting. While the stock grips will work, they are too thin for an attractive fit. You really need standard thickness flat bottom grips.
Thank you! That was helpful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You will need 4 #60 O-rings and standard length grip screws to use the standard thickness grips. Or change to standard grip screw bushings.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,412 Posts
Yep
They are fantastic on Dan Wesson Valors.
However they not for thin grips.
Gun Brown Firearm White Trigger
Brown Textile Tan Leather Metal
Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Metal Material property String instrument accessory

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Flat (magwell) bottoms look much better. Those are beautiful grips, but the bevel will look goofy with the well.
Thanks. Iv'e had a few 19911's but never messed with a magwell.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of one that Steve Owens blended to my SS Valor after I did the initial install. I had to do a good bit of fitting of the rails on the magwell to get it to insert into the frame. Mine was a 2016 frame.
Technology Office equipment Engineering Carbon Plastic
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Stationery Composite material

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple of photos of one that Steve Owens blended to my SS Valor after I did the initial install. I had to do a good bit of fitting of the rails on the magwell to get it to insert into the frame. Mine was a 2016 frame. View attachment 394583 View attachment 394585
That looks great. I'm a little OCD so if it's not perfect it will drive me crazy. Might give it a go then send it off if it's not perfect.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where it meets the frame will look like the one that DWE installed and posted. If I had not been sending the Valor to Steve for other cosmetic and sight work......it would look like DWE's too and would be perfectly OK for my purposes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts