Stan Chen

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, Mar 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Someone I know reached out to Stan about a 1911, he's not taking any new deposits and states a 5-7 year backlog. Now, that's a good business model.

Lou1 and Steve Owens like this.
  2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Absolutely love his work along with many others. His really stands out in so many areas, some of the things he has done with the magwells were genius.. I am sure we haven't seen the last of his products. Be nice to see some more options on Thumb safeties and slide stops. If I only had CNC and cad/cam lol.

3. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    Sarcasm? If so, the backlog and closed list in this case seems to me the natural result of a good business model: be outstanding at what you do in a specialized field for which there are monied aficionados willing to pay top-dollar for your work. Probably lets him quietly pick-and-choose as he pleases while having guaranteed work/income in the pipeline.

Too, I believe his company is also a parts supplier, which is often more lucrative than one-off gun building.

Point is, I doubt he is or is going to be hurting for business.

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    No, but thanks for asking. More envy than anything else.

5. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    I really love his guns. I didn’t mind the wait period and was really disappointed to find out he just wasn’t taking orders at all.

6. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    I didn't want to presume. ;)

Envy here, too, but there are so many great builders, we're kind of in a golden age. I have noticed how rarely a Chen comes up for resale, though -- says something...

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted