1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt used to be a great single action. If you ordered a special build from the custom shop you got what you paid for at the time, or maybe you didn't.

US Firearms blazed on to the scene with the rise in cowboy action shooting. USFA produced some incredible single actions and then went under.

Now Standard Manufacturing is producing some pricey but pinnacle grade single action revolvers.

At this time they are only produced in .45 Colt.

Check out some of the videos, you will be hooked except for the price!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of these, but they do look very nice. I'll be investigating further.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I'm dithering. I want one, but I can get 2 race tuned Vaqueros or Ubertis for the price of one Standard. If money were no object I'd be in for sure. Of course if money were no object, I'd be snapping up USFAs and Colt 1st gens as well :D

·
Deo Volente
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm dithering. I want one, but I can get 2 race tuned Vaqueros or Ubertis for the price of one Standard. If money were no object I'd be in for sure. Of course if money were no object, I'd be snapping up USFAs and Colt 1st gens as well :D
I know exactly where you are coming from! I have two very nice Bobby Tyler Vaqueros in .357/.38 and 9mm that were tuned up by John at Long Hunter Shooting Supply, http://www.longhunt.com/web/index.php?page=about

Then Bobby Tyler did his finishing magic on them. https://tylergunworks.com/

Standard only produces pistols in .45 Colt right now. I keep asking myself if I want to get into another caliber

The barrels are actually a beautiful high polish blue, and I should have wiped them down with some Remoil or Balistol instead of the other stuff I used.

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Sooooo nice! Long Hunter is one of the smiths I am considering for my SASS pistols. I am leaning towards 38/357 because they are cheaper to reload, also it seems to be what the top ranked guys are running, not that I will ever be a threat to them :D Still, I would like one or two REALLY nice 45s as well. As I mentioned in my post in your rifle thread, I need more $!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Me too... but hey, it’s only money!

·
Deo Volente
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sooooo nice! Long Hunter is one of the smiths I am considering for my SASS pistols. I am leaning towards 38/357 because they are cheaper to reload, also it seems to be what the top ranked guys are running, not that I will ever be a threat to them :D Still, I would like one or two REALLY nice 45s as well. As I mentioned in my post in your rifle thread, I need more $!
We all need more $$$ too indulge are covetous desires!

Reactions: LPRoad

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I have a matching set of consecutive serial numbered SASS Vaqueros in .357/.38 Special and they are VERY nice guns...

But I love .45 Colt. I need a Vaquero in .45 Colt.

I WANT one or more of these Standard Single Actions.

Again, only money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts