Standard Manufacturing Single Action

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by Colorado Sonny, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Colt used to be a great single action. If you ordered a special build from the custom shop you got what you paid for at the time, or maybe you didn't.

US Firearms blazed on to the scene with the rise in cowboy action shooting. USFA produced some incredible single actions and then went under.

Now Standard Manufacturing is producing some pricey but pinnacle grade single action revolvers.

At this time they are only produced in .45 Colt.

Check out some of the videos, you will be hooked except for the price!
    [​IMG]

xerts1191, LPRoad, Splash and 5 others like this.
  2. Splash

Splash Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of these, but they do look very nice. I'll be investigating further.

3. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    I'm dithering. I want one, but I can get 2 race tuned Vaqueros or Ubertis for the price of one Standard. If money were no object I'd be in for sure. Of course if money were no object, I'd be snapping up USFAs and Colt 1st gens as well :D

gps man and wcanterbury like this.
  4. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    I know exactly where you are coming from! I have two very nice Bobby Tyler Vaqueros in .357/.38 and 9mm that were tuned up by John at Long Hunter Shooting Supply, http://www.longhunt.com/web/index.php?page=about

Then Bobby Tyler did his finishing magic on them. https://tylergunworks.com/

Standard only produces pistols in .45 Colt right now. I keep asking myself if I want to get into another caliber

[​IMG]

The barrels are actually a beautiful high polish blue, and I should have wiped them down with some Remoil or Balistol instead of the other stuff I used.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Sooooo nice! Long Hunter is one of the smiths I am considering for my SASS pistols. I am leaning towards 38/357 because they are cheaper to reload, also it seems to be what the top ranked guys are running, not that I will ever be a threat to them :D Still, I would like one or two REALLY nice 45s as well. As I mentioned in my post in your rifle thread, I need more $!

gps man and wcanterbury like this.
  6. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Me too... but hey, it’s only money!

LPRoad likes this.
  7. Colorado Sonny

Sep 25, 2015
    We all need more $$$ too indulge are covetous desires!

LPRoad likes this.
  8. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I have a matching set of consecutive serial numbered SASS Vaqueros in .357/.38 Special and they are VERY nice guns...

But I love .45 Colt. I need a Vaquero in .45 Colt.

I WANT one or more of these Standard Single Actions.

Again, only money.

wcanterbury likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted