1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do know they are a subsidiary of Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing, who makes very high end shotguns. Standard also makes very nice single action revolvers, so your comments may explain a lot.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought one of the standard blued ones a few months ago. The finish is stunning.
On mine, the trigger flops around like a dying fish. It's really a sloppy fit. I sent them a message through their website, and I got no reply.

There are a lot of reviews about their poor customer service. The loose trigger annoys me to no end, but it's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I bought one of their S.A CC/Blue 4 3/4" barrel while I am waiting for my Colt S.A.A to show up. The fit and finish is excellent, beautiful and very well made. I'm hitting steel IDPA regularly at 65m with it. I might just buy another and cancel that Colt.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Yes, it looks pretty, but what about the build-quality? Cast parts? MIM parts? Fitting? All the world wonders.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I bought one of their S.A CC/Blue 4 3/4" barrel while I am waiting for my Colt S.A.A to show up. The fit and finish is excellent, beautiful and very well made. I'm hitting steel IDPA regularly at 65m with it. I might just buy another and cancel that Colt.
The fit and finish, the color cased hardening process, the screws clocked to all align.. super sweet revolvers.
I actually am about to list mine here in the classifieds, as it's so pretty that I've never fired mine, ha!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts