Steel Wheels & Cinnamon Rolls

Discussion in 'Munchies' started by Scaramouche, May 7, 2019.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    This morning I left the house at 3:30 a.m. to meet a guy from Sacramento in Barstow CA where we arranged to exchange my three steel wheels, I've been trying to sell on this cheap skate forum for maybe a month and a half, for real cash money.

Told the guy to meet me at Frosty Donuts, where in a previous life I would always stop on Friday mornings at 6 am coming from LA and going to Vegas. I was addicted to their cinnamon roll and their hot black coffee, been in withdrawal for three years...made my connection today.
    P1050957.JPG
    View attachment 262299
    Apologies to them on that Atkins Diet thread

P1050963.JPG
    Gentleman who bought the wheels was a real mensch, gave me two hundred bucks for my trouble, I was asking $75.00. Frosty's is at the end of that closed down lowlife mall with the Government Administration offices I think on 4th Street in Barstow.

P1050962.JPG
    I realize not many on this forum are going to be in Barstow in the next couple weeks, but them of you dreaming of following Route 66...it runs right through this beat down desert oasis, and if your making that final push to the Pacific Ocean in your '55 Thunderbird this could be a good place to start your day.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  2. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    That cinnamon roll and coffee look good !
    Congratulations on your sale !

Scaramouche likes this.

3. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Cinnamon rolls without the white stuff are the best.

Scaramouche likes this.
  4. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    I will take the first 2 rows on the left...but wait I am heading to Krispy Kreme. KK originated in my home town of Winston Salem NC. No shame in enjoying a dozen :)

5. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    I hear Marines LUV Barstow. I think they are fond of doughnuts too.
    Congrats on your sale. Perseverance and daring come thru again.

6. JohnnyEgo

JohnnyEgo Well-Known Member

May 17, 2017
    I love a good cinnamon roll. I suppose fortunately, we don't have that many good cinnamon rolls here, because of the altitude and the low standards of pot-heads. Otherwise, I'd need a tub of butter and a running start to make it through the doors.

ronin11 likes this.
  7. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    If you had started with asking whether you should checker those wheels at 20 or 30 LPI,you would have got a TON of offers from some looking for some "good base wheels for a custom build".
    Still laugh when I wonder how in hell you wound up with THREE!!! :)

Dallas Knight likes this.
  8. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    It's a good practice to carry two spares out in the desert...it's rough terrain and you can get really out there that walking back to a road would be inconvenient. So when I got my new truck I went looking for full weight wheels (to replace the factory spare) that matched the wheels on my truck. Another guy bought a new Tacoma and immediately switched out his factory wheels and sold the four stock ones for $100.
    I kept two for spares, hence the three...two were his, the third was my half weight spare, and please note I tried to sell them for what I bought them for.

i don't know why steel wheels aren't more popular with the off road crowd, you mangle a steel wheel you can strong arm it back into semi useable shape, them aluminum wheels aint so forgiving

Babboonbobo, gps man and Kip like this.
  9. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    True.
    I've pretty much re-forged steel wheels,and blasting a coat or two of Rust-Oleum and ya got new wheels!! :grin:

10. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Aluminum vs. Steel wheels is the old style vs. substance argument.

I practically never eat donuts anymore but that one looked, along with the coffee, good.

Scaramouche likes this.
  11. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Not getting the "no donuts" thing.
    It's bread.
    Jesus MADE freakin' bread,of course it's good for you!
    Have donuts for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch.

Scaramouche and Tallerico like this.
  12. bvbarry50

bvbarry50 Sarg.

Oct 11, 2018
    Donut Powder, yummy.

Kip likes this.
  13. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Been to Barstow. I spent far too much time at Ft Irwin. Sorry that place sucks...and if you ask which place Ft Irwin or Barstow, my answer will be yup.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted