close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sterling Archer's Training Journal

Discussion in 'Training' started by Sterling Archer, Jun 11, 2016.

1. v1911

v1911 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    After you shoot competitions long enough you learn to just bulldoze ROs/SOs in your way. After you give them a firm shoulder check, they get the message. ;)

Glad no safety rules were broke and that you were able to get the reshoot you deserved.

Sterling Archer likes this.
  2. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Codename Duchess Supporting Addict

Aug 30, 2015
    Shot the monthly Metal Mania match yesterday. Instead of just shooting my P226 SAO I brought in my M&P Shield as well. I've been wanting to get more trigger time with it considering how often I carry it. Since it was my secondary gun I started each string from a low-ready instead of trying to swap holsters between strings.

I ended the match with an accuracy rating of 88.6% with my P226 and 85% with my Shield. Not bad for a small carry pistol. I'm still trying to break 90% and keep getting close but just barely keep missing it. I'll keep a good focus and get there eventually.

Scaramouche likes this.

3. v1911

v1911 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Is this shot in divisions or is it anything goes? How are you placing within your division or overall?

4. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    At DPC there are seven main divisions: Stock, Open, Carry Optics, Revolver, Revolver Open, Rimfire, and Rimfire Open.

There are classes starting at Novice, then D, C, B, A, and AA. Novice starts from a low-ready, all others from the holster. They don't really have classifiers so it's up to the shooter to pick their class.

I've won my class several times so I just jumped up to the next one. In the Stock division I've been consistently placing within the top 25-30%.

Avenger1 and v1911 like this.
  5. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    Today was Real Steel and a real blast with @Avenger1 and his son. @olds442guy joined in this week and just like when JonFrank first shot he got shifted to another squad. :bang: I jumped stages a couple times to watch olds442guy shoot and he's got the goods! He beat me on the majority of the stages but I eeked out a couple narrow victories. :smug:

In my quest to break a 90% hit rate I keep getting close but no cigar. Last week was 88.6% and this week was 88.8%. If I only had 2 less misses I would have broken 90%. Next month!

Whether it’s sports or business nearly all the best people in their respective categories work with trainers, mentors or advisers. Since I’ve been taking my shooting more and more seriously, last week I setup a reoccurring private training session at Tribute Tactical. I’ll be stopping by every two weeks for a session on handgun and rifle. My instructor, who I’ve worked with previously, and I have discussed my goals and I trust his lead. It’ll be a good way for me to stay on task and make sure my skill level is increasing as needed. It’s a relatively minor expense and the training is well worth it!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017 at 7:02 PM
    Avenger1, Scaramouche, Kip and 3 others like this.
  6. cwoods

cwoods Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 12, 2016
    Nice job Archer! Will you be able to film any of the private sessions?

7. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    Thanks! Yep, I record everything.

Avenger1, Kip and cwoods like this.
  8. cwoods

cwoods Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

May 12, 2016
    Sweet, that will be cool to see.
    It's cool you've found someone you trust to train with. With so many "operators" out and about its hard to decipher who to trust with your time and money, especially for newbies.

9. Sterling Archer

Aug 30, 2015
    No doubt. I'm very fortunate to know the people I do.

cwoods, Avenger1 and Kip like this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted