1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be my new ESP gun in IDPA next year. It’s an older model of the STI Tactical 2011 in 9mm I picked up used off Gunbroker. I’ve added the grip, short trigger, magwell sights and extra Gen II mags to bring it up to speed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good catch. I recently bought a second hand Eagle; mostly for USPSA but I wanted the 5" bushing barrel for IDPA.
I went this route thinking I could set it up exactly the way I wanted and it still be cheaper than the new redesigned Tactical model they came out with this year.
I was beginning to wonder though because this one wasn’t completely reliable at first. I replaced the extractor with an Aftec and it’s been good to go for around 1000rds now.

Sweet set up, what’s the weight of it with the heaviest mag inserted?
Thanks! I honesty don’t know. I shoot with a young lady that shoots a STI Hawk set up essentially the same way but has a 1” longer barrel and it makes weight so I haven’t even bothered weighing this one.

Nice! I like the hoster too.
Thanks! I’m still getting used to it since the way it presents the gun is different than the concealment type holsters I’m used to. It’s from Red Hill Tactical if you’re interested.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Are they allowing the full length dust cover now? I know it was an issue back when I shot IDPA regularly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts