STI 2011 IDPA ESP gun

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by Pistol Pete, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    This is going to be my new ESP gun in IDPA next year. It’s an older model of the STI Tactical 2011 in 9mm I picked up used off Gunbroker. I’ve added the grip, short trigger, magwell sights and extra Gen II mags to bring it up to speed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013

3. JD31

JD31 Active Member

May 30, 2018
    Sweet set up, what’s the weight of it with the heaviest mag inserted?

Pistol Pete likes this.
  4. aaronsappl

aaronsappl Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Nice! I like the hoster too.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  5. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    That's a problem for me even with some single stacks once I add a magwell and G10 grips.

6. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Good catch. I recently bought a second hand Eagle; mostly for USPSA but I wanted the 5" bushing barrel for IDPA.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I went this route thinking I could set it up exactly the way I wanted and it still be cheaper than the new redesigned Tactical model they came out with this year.
    I was beginning to wonder though because this one wasn’t completely reliable at first. I replaced the extractor with an Aftec and it’s been good to go for around 1000rds now.

Thanks! I honesty don’t know. I shoot with a young lady that shoots a STI Hawk set up essentially the same way but has a 1” longer barrel and it makes weight so I haven’t even bothered weighing this one.

Thanks! I’m still getting used to it since the way it presents the gun is different than the concealment type holsters I’m used to. It’s from Red Hill Tactical if you’re interested.

aaronsappl likes this.
  8. BuckyP

BuckyP Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Are they allowing the full length dust cover now? I know it was an issue back when I shot IDPA regularly.

9. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    The dust cover is ok, you are still limited to 4.2" on a bull barrel. Why I looked for an Eagle.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted