STI as a suppressor host...questions

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by totdoc, Dec 31, 2018.

1. totdoc

totdoc New Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Hello!
    I was thinking about picking up a STI tactical or STI DVC carry (both threaded and with host cut) as a dedicated suppressor host with an RMR, but I had a few questions...

1) Does the STI suppress as well as a sig p226? I have heard over and over that the p226 is the quietest suppressor host because of a marginally longer lock time than other guns, but I always wondered if this was more a function of being hammer fired vs striker fired. I have never heard a STI suppressed

2) Is the STI reliable suppressed, or does it get dirty quickly and start experiencing malfunctions?

3) On the HOST versions, does an RMR cowitness with the iron sights? In some of the pics, it looks like the adapter plate is kind of thick and that the RMR might ride too high, but I can't really tell. Pictures of yours with an RMR is a bonus!

4) Any reason to get the DVC carry over the tactical? I DON'T plan on carrying this gun, but if there is a big advantage to the DVC gun over the tactical, it might be worth considering since it's a marginally shorter barrel, and I don't need the extra sight radius

5) Any chance they will bring back the DVC tactical with a HOST cut? That thing is just beauuuutiful. I just wish I could put an RMR on it.

Thanks!

P.S. Stating I should save my money and get a p226 legion RX SAO is OK, but only if you can give me comparison info between the two to justify that response!

2. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Just an fyi..

i have a legion 226 sao rx and it is frigging amazing. that being said....i dont shoot suppressed.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted