1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted in another thread a couple weeks ago about an incredible deal I got on a dvc c. Well took it to the range and it shoots low right. About 4-5” low and 2” right at 10 yards off a rest. Group size was about 2-3”. Shot my Staccato C and had 3 touching in the bulls and 2 just a little high by about an inch. One the sights should not be that far off and two it should print a better group than that. I shot 115 gr and 147 gr. The 147 was a little better but not much.

So I email STI then fill out a warranty claim last Wednesday 11/27. Hear back on Friday that they would like the gun back. I’m good with that except I haven’t got my return tag yet. I have called twice and spoke to two different folks about it and then emailed today to follow up again and still nothing.
Just wondering what your experiences with with their customer service may be?
Maybe they are just really busy working on the new models. To sell them I think you need to have good service on older ones.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I’ve had good luck, although I haven’t had to use them much. It went to my junk mail folder the one time I used it and didn’t realize for a few days. Might want to check that just to be sure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i posted in another thread a couple weeks ago about an incredible deal I got on a dvc c. Well took it to the range and it shoots low right. About 4-5” low and 2” right at 10 yards off a rest. Group size was about 2-3”. Shot my Staccato C and had 3 touching in the bulls and 2 just a little high by about an inch. One the sights should not be that far off and two it should print a better group than that. I shot 115 gr and 147 gr. The 147 was a little better but not much.

So I email STI then fill out a warranty claim last Wednesday 11/27. Hear back on Friday that they would like the gun back. I’m good with that except I haven’t got my return tag yet. I have called twice and spoke to two different folks about it and then emailed today to follow up again and still nothing.
Just wondering what your experiences with with their customer service may be?
Maybe they are just really busy working on the new models. To sell them I think you need to have good service on older ones.
Shooting off a rest at 10 yards, interesting. Did you shoot like a regular person after your “bench” test?

·
Registered
204 Posts
My experience with STI prior to this last month has been nothing but stellar...a total 5/5 (and it has included returning a pistol for service). However this past few weeks has been a bit of a let down. Case in point, I emailed CS a question and they passed it up the chain to sales and it has remained unanswered for going on two weeks (even after a 2nd follow-up). I don't know maybe with the 2020 lineups pending release paired with the holidays (lots of folks taking days off), they are a bit behind on things that normally dont fall through the cracks. I'm a little bit disappointed in their service right now, but I wager its simply due to timing. Don't give up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pistol should be back today. I requested new sights. Black rear fiber optic front. Hopefully get to the range to try it out right after Christmas. I was told some pistols were originally shipped with the wrong height front sights.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Pistol should be back today. I requested new sights. Black rear fiber optic front. Hopefully get to the range to try it out right after Christmas. I was told some pistols were originally shipped with the wrong height front sights.
These things happen to even the best of companies. STI is typically pretty good, even if their communication as of late has been severely lacking. They stand behind their products and I postulate that it is a bit of internal restructuring, coupled with an explosion in sales, that caught them a bit off-guard.

But your product will be fixed and fixed right. The C is a great shooter and the groups you were getting were very abnormal, unsupported or supported.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.