STI DVC Limited question

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by LPD5408, Feb 27, 2019.

1. LPD5408

LPD5408 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2016
    I am very new to STI and the 2011 platform. That being said if my question has been asked before or is stupid I apologize.

I traded into this pistol about a month ago knowing it was in 40 S&W. I don’t dislike 40, but shoot and reload 9mm almost exclusively now.

I was told that I could not just do a barrel swap or a conversion barrel like I have done with Glock pistols, but I could have a second slide built in 9mm.

Is this correct? I would not be doing but I don’t know where to start looking or estimate of cost. Any information will help. Thanks

2. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Have you called STI International in Texas?

Maxfield911 likes this.

3. LPD5408

Nov 18, 2016
    No. I didn’t know that was an option. Thanks

4. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Their custom shop is closed for an undisclosed timeframe until they hire more smiths or catchup with production.

For a proper conversion you should do a new slide, barrel, springs, and ejector.... That bring said you can make it work with just a barrel and springs. There’s only 1mm difference in the cartridges. It might not be 100% reliable without a competent smith tuning all the parts but it can be done.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    gaijin and Guy Montag like this.
  5. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    Or

A new DVC Limited Blackout with island barrel. Got two in today and I still have one available. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nemain and HOGRIDER like this.
  6. Nemain

Nemain Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Man, that’s beautiful^

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  7. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    It sure is! Wish it was railed also. ;)

8. LPD5408

Nov 18, 2016
    It is very nice. I might try to sell what I have because I prefer 9mm and would prefer a light rail. Only hesitation is it will be hard to move because of this

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Options:

1) Just load some minor power factor .40 and it'll be like shooting a 9mm. LOL.
    2) Build a complete upper will work. More money than you want to spend, but YMMV.
    3) Sell the gun on Brian Enos, since this gun is mainly used by guys shooting Limited Major. If they price is right, it will sell quickly on Enos.

LPD5408 likes this.