1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The link on my barrel snapped while at the range today, first time i have ever seen this happen. Is this a normal wear part? Probably have only 5000 rounds thru this firearm.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Picture shows a broken Barrel Link, not lug. It is my impression that it only happens if your barrel has not been fit perfectly.

Plan on sending to STI to get fixed up?

Edit: guess the part could have been defective too...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
STI warranty has great customer service though sometimes difficult to get in touch with.

Fill out an online warranty form. Wait 3 business days and if they haven’t sent you a return shipping label then call them and explain the situation.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Will do... curious to see how they support their older models especially with ownership changes.
I casually called up about backup parts on a STI gun that had been discontinued for over a decade, it never sold well and had proprietary parts. Who knows how many owners it had over the years. They could have easily told me tough luck BUT they made me the proprietary parts. It wasn’t even a warranty claim, I just wanted backup parts in case something failed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STI called me today, they are replacing my barrel, Gun_Fan111 you are right on point, barrel wasn't fit properly. They gave me a choice of replacing immediately with a black barrel or wait until they had 10 gold barrel orders to send them out for treatment. Can't wait for months so went with the black. I thought the turnaround and communication was great. Can't wait to get her back in the stable.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Glad it worked out so well for you!
Guys I shoot with have gone to horrors on warranty work!
one guy waited 8 months to get the gun back! ( TruBor open gun FWIW)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad it worked out so well for you!
Guys I shoot with have gone to horrors on warranty work!
one guy waited 8 months to get the gun back! ( TruBor open gun FWIW)

Sorry to hear that. My experience was 100% positive. The gunsmith called me and explained what the problem was with my DVC, went over barrel options. Called again a few days later and told me they test fired my gun and tuned my extractor.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,051 Posts
Here is my STI back from the shop with the new black barrel. Ran great first few trips to the range.

Damn Bro...
Shoot much?:eek:

Glad you got a great result.

Nice Guns!

·
Registered
888 Posts
STI is too notch from everything I have read. That Nighthawk is sweet too. Beautiful pair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts