close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

STI Edge detail strip photo's

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by Quack, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    this is an old photo review...

did some cleaning today and took some pice of the Edge and EMP.

First up we have the STI Edge. The Edge is a well built gun, and for most people it falls in the "High End" production gun area. I bought the gun because i always wanted one, and it was my 1st step into "expensive" (over $1500) 1911's (i know it's not a 1911, but a 2011). When i handled the Edge in the store, it was very smooth. The previous "expensive" 1911 that i had was a TRP, which i thought was a nice gun as well. The Edge is double stack and has a long/wide frame which means that the frame is as long and wide as the slide.

[​IMG]

Looking at the exterior, one can see that the Edge is nicely fit and better than most "production" guns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Edge is a really accurate gun. The bull barrel locks up tight and there is no movement at the muzzle.
    [​IMG]

As with the Springfield TGO-1, the Edge also has a "hidden leaf cut" for the rear adjustable sight. This requires additional machining and is a nice touch. You can also see that the extractor is flush with the rear of the slide.

[​IMG]

2. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    The frame is nicely machined and has minimal machining marks for a production gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The frame rails were originally black, but you can see in the pics that they were fit to the slide perfectly as the rails are now shiny and even. I have put around 3000rounds through the Edge so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same careful machining was done on the slide as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I like the Edge. I think I'll get one in 45. But buy it tuned by Brazos or Dawson.

4. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    bought it as an impulse buy from Vance's, with the plan to build a .40S&W top-end if really i got into USPSA.

5. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    good review and awesome gun

6. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Nice photos, Don. How have you sprung it, and what does it like?

Andy

7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    just the factory recoilmaster, but need to get a standard rod and reverse plug

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted