STI Elektra

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Arkie, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Anyone had any experience/handled/shot one? Have an interest in picking one up to replace the Wife's Lt.Wt. Colt Officers Model. She'd not care for the pink, but the black trimmed one's a sexy biach!

http://new.stiguns.com/the-sti-elektra/

Bob

2. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I almost got one in a trade a couple years ago. I am sure it's a great gun like all STIs, but the funky cocking serrations are just not for me.

3. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I had an STI Shadow, same gun different cosmetics.

Of all the STIs I owned that one was the most problematic. The front sight came out of the recess twice. I sent the gun in after the first time and it did it again within 2 weeks of getting it back. Additionally, it did not shoot POA with any brand of ammo, it shot high with everything. After an extractor tension tweak it ran 100% with multiple hp and ball ammo manufactures. It was comfortable to shoot and carry but after the 2nd sight repair I sold it.

4. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    I have never shot one. But I have to say, I am not a fan of the looks. A little to flashy for myself. Being that you're from Ar-Kansas though.... Ones gotta wonder.:bolt:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  5. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Just thinkin it'd be at least on par with my Jennings and HiPoints! It is for the Lil Woman, Most all the gals like a little bling!

Bob

6. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
    You ain't livin until you get a Jiminez! That being said, 99% of what I've heard about STI has been positive.

7. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    I fondeled one in a gunshop when I was working in Atlanta. Nice gun, but the trigger on that particular one was horrible. Unique looking little gun though. I'm sure it's a great gun, as STI makes some really good stuff.

8. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I probably know a hillbilly gunsmif or two that could dremmel hell outa a bad trigger!

Bob

9. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
    Heck yeah. You could just take it to Wilson.

10. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Or Night Hawk, or Metaloy, or Bob Rodgers,,,,. Or, I could maybe route it thru NE before I ever take posession!

Bob

11. Wheezy

Aug 31, 2011
    I wouldn't send it through NE. I heard theres no good smiffs up there.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted