1911 Firearm Addicts banner

STI Elektra

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  bbakerphx 
#1 ·
So I sent pm's to a few of you that I know have had/still have Elektra 9mm's. I was set on an EMP for the wife but she got sight of the "cute" Elektra and I haven't really heard much about them. I know STI makes good sheet but if any of you have had direct experience I would greatly value your thoughts.

Thanks

#3 ·
So I sent pm's to a few of you that I know have had/still have Elektra 9mm's. I was set on an EMP for the wife but she got sight of the "cute" Elektra and I haven't really heard much about them. I know STI makes good sheet but if any of you have had direct experience I would greatly value your thoughts.

Thanks
I do have an STI Elektra Black in 9mm and is a sweet gun to shoot. Very high quality built and beautiful.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black
Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger White
Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger White

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
My wife loved the look of the pink Elektra. Just loved it.
However, every time we go to a gun shop, she can pick the EMP out of the case, doesn't matter what finish is on it or what grips (She's not a gun person) and when she holds it, it fits her hand perfectly. She loves the EMP, just can't bring herself to pay for it.

I found a used Colt LW Defender in 9mm (Same size as the Elektra) for a great price and put the hogue pink pearl grips on it (Same that the Elektra uses). She likes it and shoots it well enough, but still wants that EMP.

Of course the Colt isn't as pretty as the Elektra, but it's still a sweet shooting 9mm...

#6 ·
Got the Wife one in 45ACP. She was running the second mag full through it when the bottom of one of the two supplied mags popped off, dumping the spring and 3-4 remaining rounds. She hasn't shown any interest in shooting it again (of course STI replaced the mag with no problem) Still hanging on to the 3 1/2" Colt Officers Model she laid claim to a couple years ago when she tried shooting it. Would really like to acquire a couple of STI's recoil spring assys for my Colt Defender!

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.