1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lgs has a nice Guardian 45acp for sale. It has STI on the slide then Guardian in big letters on the same side of the slide. It is a black frame with stainless slide. The grips look like plastic wood grain and have STI on them. I wasn't looking for one but it seems to be priced right.

Any info on this as far as is it a decent gun and value is much appreciated. Only STI I have is a Staccato P Duo so don't know much about earlier models.

Brian

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
There was a 1911 and 2011 version of the guardian. You seem to be describing the 1911 version. It’s an officer sized frame gun with a 3.9” barrel (very similar to the Staccato-C). I believe retail was around $1399. A good price was $1199 and when STI discontinued their traditional 1911’s you could find dealers liquidating them at $899.

They’re overall great guns and a good value even at MSRP. It put quality above Kimber and Dan Wesson but below Nighthawk.

What are they asking for the gun?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Guardian.jpg
If you don't buy it, please message me where it is!! I could use a spare.....

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well.....they HAD a Guardian available...lol As of this morning, it's paid for and will be on its' way to live out its' life in Texas!
Thanks again for the heads-up!! That's four 1911's you reprobates have made me buy this year....:eek:

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Well.....they HAD a Guardian available...lol As of this morning, it's paid for and will be on its' way to live out its' life in Texas!
Thanks again for the heads-up!! That's four 1911's you reprobates have made me buy this year....:eek:
Now if you really want to get into a cool little gun you’ll need to find a original STI Ranger (not the Ranger II or Ranger III). It has the same 3.9” slide as the Guardian but has a shortened frame like a Detonics Combat Master but with a functional grip safety. Think Wilson Sentinel but 1/4” shorter grip.

They only made them in 45acp. They are phenomenal little CCO’s. They rarely come on the market, maybe one every 2-3 years. For some reason I’ve cornered the market on them (joking), I have 4 or 5 of them somewhere in my safes.

If anyone HAS to have one, PM me.

(not my photos)
CFBCD7CA-1933-49F8-B207-CC7772457251.jpeg
85CE28FE-775F-4011-9F03-9C8912220E91.jpg
E3BA7AF3-221E-4EDD-8D1C-1D2869B784FD.jpeg

·
Registered
911 Posts
Actually, I DO happen to have one....lol It was one of the first STI's I owned. And you're right - it IS worth havin' more than one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts