1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh wise ones (enablers need not apply), wanna bounce something off people.

Since my funds are not bottomless I have hit some crossroads.

Two weeks ago my buddy and I went to a STI experience day (I love my STIs) and he got caught up in the moment and bought a Combat Master for Xmas. Well he took it out the other day and put 100 rounds down range and wants to sell it. He loves his CZs just that much more considering the investment difference. Its pristine of course.....

I already have a DVC P and Staccato C the issue is to get the CM I would have to part with my Staccato C as I don't have enough Benjamins on hand, and those I have I was hoping to maybe get a Staccato R (45ACP) or similar. Full disclosure while the C is an awesome shooter, its a bit of a safe queen at the moment and is never carried (I like my stubby for that duty atm).

My options...

Option 1
DVC P
Combat Master
(sell the Staccato C)

Option 2
DVC P
Staccato R
Staccato C

Oh and dont say Option 2 and then ask me to PM you my buddys info for the CM ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Let's talk about the Staccato C... I think I know where you're coming from. I bought one, waited impatiently for [email protected] to get it in, tried it for a little while, didn't think it was for me, then promptly sold it.

But I hated that I'd sold it. Felt like I'd missed something, that I hadn't given it a fair shake. Very fortuitously, I got the opportunity to buy it back, and did so. I AM SO GLAD I DID. I've come to love it, and it has become my warm weather EDC 2011.

So, I would opt for Option 2, but instead of the Staccato R, I'd look to add a Guardian, a DVC-C/Carry, or something similar from STI's 2020 lineup, if it contains such a concealable, doublestack 9mm. The world is full of single-stack .45's- that's not why I chose STI.

My 2¢ only...

·
Banned
306 Posts
I don't own any STIs.

However generally speaking if I have to ask usually that means it's not compelling enough on it's own that it would be a good fit for me in the first place. For something that cost so much the desire should be compelling enough I shouldn't have to ask.

If you ask me should you get it sounds like this too will end up being something you will also at some point be trying to get rid of as well. Let me know when you get it so we can start watching the classifieds should someone else want it.

By the way how do STIs do with regards to retaining their value? Good thing at least your buying it used.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Option 1. I don’t care that some folks seem to hate on the Combat Master but it’s a phenomenal gun that shoots like a laser. I think it will retain the most value of any STI even if shot. I believe it’s a modified 3 gun model but it just shoots better than any non-modified 3 gun I have shot. Since I have bought it I have gotten the DVC Omni, a SVI infinity in 9mm, and one brand new SVI Infinity with the most aggressive metal grip they make and if I had to keep only one, it would be the Combat Master. I just love shooting it and it shoots flatter and faster than anything I have ever shot, period. Your mileage may vary but it’s a very fine firearm. Good luck and honestly you can’t go wrong with either choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium
1,526 Posts
My 16 year old daughter was hitting a steel flapper at 15 yards off hand with ease shooting the Combat Master. I think it may be the easiest pistol I have ever seen to shoot well.

Not selling my GI Hellcat to get it though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Option 1. Sell the Staccato C, and buy another one later in 2020, or even better a Staccato C2. :cool:

I’m fortunate enough to have a Combat Master. It would cost a huge amount of Bennies (WAY more than I paid) for me to ever part with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.