1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure I will take some heat for this but oh well, my opinion is my opinion. Anyways, I have never been a fan of the cheap nylon triggers that STI put’s in their 1911/2011. That said, I am looking to replace my plastic trigger on my STI 2011. Can anyone tell me which aftermarket 2011 trigger requires the least amount of fitting into the frame and trigger bow rails?

Thanks all!!

Any and all suggestions are wanted to include tips on fitment.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,558 Posts
That's pretty cool

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Everyone including STI ships their guns w/ long triggers. I have short fingers, so I swap-out all of them for Short triggers. This requires some exacting work, as a perfect trigger only moves in one direction: straight back; not side-to-side and/or up-and-down.

Fortunately, I have a good, 1911-smith as a friend, and he has changed the triggers on two of my guns: a Wilson CQB Elite (I used a Wilson trigger) and my new, STI Staccato P (used a Dawson trigger as STI does not offer anything except Large). The Wilson took 2-hours to fit correctly, but the STI took a lot less time as only a bit of material along the top had to be removed.

Nice to know that more than one company offers replacement triggers for STI.

BTW, my smith was impressed w/ my STI as far as design and build. He did not get a chance to shoot it, yet. It's in .45ACP as are all my 1911s.

Reactions: code420

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses! I have looked at the Atlas trigger, but man-o-man are they proud of their products.

As far as the quality of the nylon STI trigger, I’m not doubting they are reliable. Just can’t get past putting a plastic trigger on a $2k plus gun.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’m sure I will take some heat for this but oh well, my opinion is my opinion. Anyways, I have never been a fan of the cheap nylon triggers that STI put’s in their 1911/2011. That said, I am looking to replace my plastic trigger on my STI 2011. Can anyone tell me which aftermarket 2011 trigger requires the least amount of fitting into the frame and trigger bow rails?

Thanks all!!

Any and all suggestions are wanted to include tips on fitment.
Code420:

As I'm a fan of the flat triggers, I did some serious research and came up with this Cheely that fits the stock grip with very minimal fitting. Did this one myself:

http://ccgunworks.com/widebody-trigger-medium-flat/

Flat Red.png

Function has been flawless....even at a 2.5#pull.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Just put a new trigger in my STI .... and found some rust on the grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts