1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
...Terminal Addict
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After selling my Staccato C to fund my C2 pre-order... I almost immediately regretted letting it go.

So, when my local crack dealer mentioned they got (1) C DUO in... I had to have it.
Unfortunately do to a couple recent DW purchases... I thought I was going to have to wait until next week to pick her up.
Luckily, where there is a will, there is a way! lol

I do not currently use a Red Dot, however I do like the option if I decide to pick one up in the future. I also appreciate that the mounting plate includes a rear sight!

A few changes I noticed from the 2019 model:
(1) New Hi-Power style cuts on the front of the slide (nice touch IMHO)
(2) Reverse Crown barrel (one thing I wish was on the 2019 model)
(3) Slide stop is no longer flush cut (I wish STI would have kept that on the 2020 model)
(4) The magazine floor plates have also changed (slimmer than the 2019 model)

Just wanted to share a couple quick initial thoughts...
I will be taking her out to the range here shortly, as soon as it breaks freezing!

Staccato C DUO.jpeg

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,631 Posts
after putting a simple red dot on this and shooting it yesterday I understand why people would want one to play around with them

FO_2.jpg

·
...Terminal Addict
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! That's one I'm considering.

Will you add optics to the Staccato?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not right now, though I may in the future... with my Astigmatism dots have not been smooth adoption.
If I decided one day to switch to a dot life, I am sure I could utilize them with enough practice.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's the same issue I have unfortunately. It began when I turned 40, then disappeared I was told during one of my eye appointments, and now it's back.

·
...Terminal Addict
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the same issue I have unfortunately. It began when I turned 40, then disappeared I was told during one of my eye appointments, and now it's back.

Interesting, and that is a bummer.

I have had an Astigmatism as long as I can remember... though it wasn't brought to light until around age 15, when I started driving and noticed the headlights at night would bloom.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
Not right now, though I may in the future... with my Astigmatism dots have not been smooth adoption.
If I decided one day to switch to a dot life, I am sure I could utilize them with enough practice.
I find at lower brightness levels, my astigmatism doesn’t distort the dot nearly as much. I shoot a 3 moa Vortex venom. At the brightest settings, my astigmatism makes it look like 6 moa... so I got that goin for me....

·
...Terminal Addict
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts