1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
resident crank
1,979 Posts
Edit: Will the slide lock back with an empty mag in it if you manually rack the slide all the way back? If it will, see below.

How tight is the slide to frame fit? Might just need some break-in. I rack a new 1911 a few hundred times first, then shoot a few hundred more before I expect it to behave normal, (unless it’s a Colt which comes from the factory loose).

And be sure it’s lubed good.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Will the slide lock back when fired without a magazine in it? Have you tried other mags? Same comment of putt a couple hundred rounds through it .

Reactions: Shaun Price

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you go the “break it in” route, I’d swap out mags before they are empty for a while. Sometimes it’s not good to have a slide slamming shut without a round. Wilson includes a warning about possible wear damage from repetitively slamming the slide without a round in the chamber. Some will argue the issue, but I’d rather be safe than sorry.

Text White Line Font Black

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Rich, I know that, that's why I am posting on here to see if I should just send it back to STI, I also Bought an edc x9 yesterday and had 20 malfunctions with federal 115 grain ammo, so annoying

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.