1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this in Friday. First chance to get to the range will be today. I really liked the Staccato P but decided to wait until I could get the 5”. I lucked into this one. I couldn’t find one anywhere until this opportunity presented itself recently.

To me it looks great. The slide to frame fit is fantastic, smooth but tight. Zero play vertically or horizontally.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition
Gun Trigger Firearm Gun accessory Gun barrel
Gun Firearm Trigger Line Gun accessory

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shot 320 through it today. 270 115gr and 50 147 gr.

Overall I like it. I think I’ll need a couple tweaks before I am ready to call it my best shooting 9mm. Right now I’d say I shoot my Shadow 2 better. I definitely think its due to the grip though, and I’ll be ordering a tree bark with the small MSH. I also want to look into replacing the front sight with a smaller diameter fiber optic.

I’m slower with the Shadow 2, but more accurate. I also seemed to favor 147 over 115 in the Staccato. In the Shadow 2 it didn’t matter, both were about the same group and result. With the Staccato I seemed to be a little tighter with 147 gr.

Recoil is minimal and follow up shots are fast. This gun just runs. No issues with feeding, ejection, etc. I just need to change the setup a bit and I think I’ll be good to go. A nice point with the Stacatto, the slide to frame fit is perfect... the residue (gunpowder /gunk) just channels right out the rear of the frame rail.

Longest distance was indoors at 15 yards, haven’t had a chance to stretch it out yet. I’ll update at the 1k mark.

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,344 Posts
According to STI these don’t exist. If you (or anyone else) runs across on of these in 45ACP please let me know.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a short update: Brazos tuned trigger group, STI adjustable rear and Lighting Rod mini dot front sights installed.

Fricking laser beam. This gun just about shoots itself.

I now shoot this better than the Shadow 2, which I thought was going to be a tall task.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Descartian
Somehow I don’t think the holiday timing was the issue. I emailed them with 3 weeks to go before Christmas to ask them which grip would fit the Staccato. Thye didn’t reply, I got impatient and ordered one anyway.

According to my gunsmith the grip I chose is the wrong one. That must mean the correct answer is they don’t stock one that fits the Staccato.

Thanks for both emails. I’ll send a note to them using both and see what happens. I need to return the one I ordered and send them the stock one for stippling service. My main concern is they don’t have a number to call and the email I sent went unanswered. So what happens if I send this grip off and it gos into a black hole? Kinda SOL then.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.