STI Tactical 4.0 CC holster

Discussion in 'STI/2011' started by cdholmes, May 9, 2019.

1. cdholmes

cdholmes Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Looking at purchasing a holster for my STI Tactical 4.0. Has a Surefire X300-UB and will possibly add a RMR in the future. I've checked out the holster thread and have narrowed it down to a few companies. LS Holsters, TR Holsters, Tucker Gun Leather, and MTR Custom Leather. Still debating on OWB vs IWB, and leather vs kydex. Currently carry a Glock 19 with RMR and Olight in a OWB Kydex holster. Usually carry between 4-5 o' clock. Seems like the Kydex prints more than the leather OWB holster I used to carry with. I'm also thinking of picking up a 120mm grip to make the grip easier to conceal. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

2. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I carry full size STI 2011’s IWB & OWB in Garrett Industries leather lined kydex. I do this easily with a light cover short sleeve button down.

Greenrunner and ripdog28 like this.

3. cdholmes

cdholmes Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Do you know if they make a holster for a weapon light? I took a look at the Silent Thunder Fusion but it says no weapon light can be added.

4. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    I would recommend the Silent Thunder IWB if you’re going light and optic. The Fusion is weird hybrid that has a leather back and kydex front. I have one but I have not carried it yet due to the different design and I live in a very hot climate and worry about the exposed leather soaking up sweat.

5. cdholmes

cdholmes Member

Apr 28, 2019
    It doesn't appear that Garrett Industries offers a holster that's compatible with a weapon light. All the holsters I've checked out say no weapon light can be added.

6. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Interesting. I never noticed that.

I don’t really care for weapons mounted lights on a carry gun. I prefer a separate light as it’s more diverse in its use.

You can try calling them Monday and see what they can do for you.

7. Chris Herndon

Chris Herndon New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I have a Rafter-L holster for an STI Tactical with SureFire X 300 if you are interested. It’s several years old and I never got the chance to use it. No idea if he is even taking orders anymore

8. Joel Swisher

Joel Swisher New Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Look into getting a Staccato P. That is what is replacing the tactical 4.0

9. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    We have the Staccato P in stock.

AF_Gunner likes this.
  10. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    Yes. Same specs, different slide cuts that’s all.

11. Mr.Fletch

Mr.Fletch Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Silent Thunder?? If so which one, I've been lurking on their website for my C but can't really make heads or tails of the real world difference between all their models (GT, IWB, Fusion, etc).

12. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
  13. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I just got a Fusion for my Staccato C and I like it. It's a little hard to holster at first and it wants to close up with no gun in it since the back is flexible and not kydex and has a pretty big leather sweat shield, but once you get everything in and set it's VERY comfortable to wear all day.

14. Descartian

Apr 13, 2017
    The leather sweat sheild is what gets me. I live in hot humid Houston and I prefer the kydex as a barrier.

15. Parausa

Parausa Active Member

Apr 7, 2019
    I have two Silent Thunder IWB holsters. Ordered one for my Nitro 10 and asked for the weaponlight and Garrett called me to let me know they prefer not to make these as they are bulky and they fear the buyer may be unhappy with the finished product. I simply took their advice and got it without. The Nitro 10 is a full size railed 2011 but it carries well in their holster. I think they will make it for the weaponlight if you insist but once they do you’ll own it-no return options etc.