1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this gun this past spring through an online auction, and I’m the original owner. I had the current grip and a fiber optic front sight installed by STI in May, and it’s been an exceptional shooting pistol for me, and I may just end up holding on to it. I did not keep a round count on this one, but I don’t think more than 400 rounds have gone down the pipe. My only gripe, it’s too big as a carry weapon (I’m a long, lean dude) and it prints no matter what I wear outside of a large gortex jacket.

Asking price is $1650. If you feel that's not realistic shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Product Gun Firearm Trigger Black

Gun Product Firearm Photograph Trigger

Composite material Material property Rectangle

Technology Grey Composite material Gadget Cylinder

Brown Black Grey Beige Space

Gun Firearm Trigger White Gun accessory

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Grey

Gun Product Firearm Photograph Trigger

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice STI you have there.

The Tactical Lite is the aluminum frame version, correct? Weight unloaded?

Looks like Cerakote finish, correct?

Plain serrated rear sight?

If you decide on a cash price for a sale, I would be interested.

Thank you.

dvs6

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was likely a fool's errand; probably not too many folks willing to part with an EDC X9 for an STI 2011.

I'll let this ride for a little while longer before I decide whether to hold on to it, or outright sell.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Honestly I think you’re already in a better gun. I see far more X9’s come on the secondary market vs STI’s.

You just need to get into a smaller size format like the Guardian/VIP/DVC-C or even smaller like the Total Eclipse.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What about putting the 120mm grip with the 120mm magazines on it? Same capacity as the Wilson. Take away some of the bulk from printing...especially since there is no magwell on those.

Adding in a great grip size comparison that Descartian posted in a thread for me. Maybe help you out with your decision.

This might help. From left to right.

Standard 126mm grip with magwell.
Standard 126mm grip.
120mm grip.
Standard officers size 1911.

View attachment 353399
dvs6

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
What about putting the 120mm grip with the 120mm magazines on it? Same capacity as the Wilson. Take away some of the bulk from printing...especially since there is no magwell on those.

Adding in a great grip size comparison that Descartian posted in a thread for me. Maybe help you out with your decision.
dvs6
I’ll one up that and recommend the SVI 113mm grip. It’s the perfect Carry size. I have one sitting in my parts box that I can’t wait to put on a gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts