1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've been carrying my DW CCO with an 8rd mag off-duty. Definitely a much more concealable and comfortable carry piece as compared to my G19 or G26.

I've been contemplating a couple of purchases lately...one being an STI VIP in .45acp (or .40 since I reload ALOT of .40)....similar size to my G19, but 10 rounds of .45acp vs my current 8rds....

Anyone have input on a the VIP platform? Anyone know of some for sale/trade?

Reactions: simonp

·
Registered
535 Posts
For carry I think the VIP is one of the best out there (I have two....one in 9mm, one in 45 acp.). Take into consideration that my favorite single stack carry size is a Commander. With the VIP you get more bullets than a SS but very little difference in grip size, IMHO. I'm not a Glock fan so I can't comment on any comparison to the G19. I'm not a fan of the .40 either, and I've never seen a VIP in .40, but I understand some Depts. still like it. JMHO...........
TR

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For carry I think the VIP is one of the best out there (I have two....one in 9mm, one in 45 acp.). Take into consideration that my favorite single stack carry size is a Commander. With the VIP you get more bullets than a SS but very little difference in grip size, IMHO. I'm not a Glock fan so I can't comment on any comparison to the G19. I'm not a fan of the .40 either, and I've never seen a VIP in .40, but I understand some Depts. still like it. JMHO...........
TR
Thanks TR!....the more I read about it, the more it seems to be a perfect carry pistol....concealable size, 1911 style, and 10 rounds of .45acp (great for mag capacity restricted areas)...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Hey Zipper, I’m a STI enthusiast and shooter. I have a pretty big collection but a lot of it focuses on carry sized guns. The 3.9” barrel/slide and 120mm grip are by far my favorite size to carry. I have well over a dozen guns in this size format.

I do have a couple VIP’s in the collection you might be interested in, including a 45 and a 40.

Shoot me a PM and I’ll let you know what I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.