close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stopping in

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ravenkeeper98, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Just stopping in to say Hi.

Hi!

Some of you may have seen me over on the plastic pistol site. I have always enjoyed the 1911 but have been on a budget. I hope to expand on my collection soon, if I can get a job - just retired from the Air Force after 21 years. I have been looking at the SR1911.

I do own 2 Norinco "Model of the 1911 Compact"s. They are mainly "USGI" but have the 4.25 inch barrel and full sized frame. One of them I left stock, the other I have changed a few things around. I have changed out the mainspring housing with a Pachmayr "Decelerator" rubber covered main spring housing, Pachmayr rubber covered grip safety, titanium firing pin, Wilson Combat 28lb recoil spring, Crimson Trace Lasergrips (first generation), and Pierce Grips finger grooves.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcometo:

and thank you for your service!!!

3. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome. :wave:

Thanks for serving and good luck on the job hunt!

4. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Thanks guys!!

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    BTW, what is your line of work?

6. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    By training I'm an Avionics Tech. Got skills in mechanical and electrical systems, limited in hydro and pneu systems as well. There is a local medical supply manufacturer here I'm trying to get into before they go on a hiring freeze. I put in for retirement on the prospect of a GS position that was opening up on the base here in a Security job, which I was doing for the past 4 years and a total of 5 years experience. That did not work out, so I'm on the job hunt. I wish I could make decent money working on guns, but maybe later on after I retire a second time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome aboard. I hear the Ruger is a good value; some of the guys here have them.

Andy

8. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011

And thanks for your service!

9. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Yes indeed. Thank you for serving our country!

10. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks for the service!! on a side note.. where are the pics of the Norks? :biggrin1:

11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome, I retired from the USAF in '94 and have been working for a semi-conductor manufacturer maintaining their production equipment ever since. It pays very well, and although it's 12-hour shifts, I only work 3 days one week, 4 days the next.

12. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Ask and you shall receive:
    The one I have modfied
    and stock

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  13. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome aboard and as others have said.....thanks for your service. My kid sister just got commissioned last spring and is a 2LT stationed at Andrews.

14. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011

15. Bender

Bender Meh...... Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome to the Addicts,.........congrats on your retirement!
    It's a completely different world!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted