Storm Grayson - Everybody make it through okay???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WC145, Jan 5, 2018.

1. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    How did all of you that were in the path of this mess fare?

The storm manifested itself as a blizzard up here. We live in downeast Maine on the coast so we didn't get as much snow as inland, probably got about 10", got lots of wind with it and it was pretty ugly for a while. It warmed up in the middle of the night and turned into rain/sleet/freezing rain which soaked the snow on the ground and when it cooled back off after a few hours everything froze. We were lucky, only lost power for about 30seconds, living on the main road has it's benefits.

Luckily I'm off today so I slept in a little, now I'm having coffee and breakfast then going out to fire up the tractor and get things cleaned up, have to dig out the animals, too. They're always happy to see you after a storm!

This was 11am yesterday, about an hour into the storm, it got bad fast, the roads were clear at 10:eek1:-
    [​IMG]

And this is about 45 minutes ago, a winter wonderland!:rolleyes:-
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Critters almost smile seeing you after a big storm!!

WC145 likes this.

3. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Storm? What storm?

Kip likes this.
  4. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Okay,MOST critters.....:roflmaro::roflmaro:

WC145, Raylan Givens and tac45 like this.
  5. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    We got a half inch of snow and our governor called in the National Guard.

Hope everyone else is alright.

6. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    We got close to a foot and the guvnor sez keep on truckin'!!

wcanterbury, xerts1191 and WC145 like this.
  7. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Man, glad you have a tractor. When I lived in a "bad" snow area of Montana for 38 yrs, I had a big, 48hp, Kubota diesel. What a Blessing. Now I live in the Bitterroot Valley and its not needed. I loved moving snow with that rig. Put it in "float", low gear and sit back

8. Johnwye60

Johnwye60 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2017
    Chickens are a lot happier then they were yesterday with the snow and wind. About a foot of snow here. Cold for a few days - warming up starting Monday.

9. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I wonder why it there has never been a blizzard in the Northeast US at this time of the year in the season known as Winter, until now.

wcanterbury and Kip like this.
  10. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    It sounds like most folks weren't affected too bad by this storm. I know some places here in New England got a bunch of snow, my in laws live in Bangor and they go 18+ inches. Glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound.

Yeah, the tractor is worth it's weight in gold! Mine is a small one, a JD 1025R, it has a 24hp Yanmar 3 cyl but it's got 4wd and all the other bells and whistles. I used to wonder what people with smaller acreage like ours needed tractors for then I bought ours two years ago when we got really serious about the farm and now I look back and wonder how I got along without it! I use that thing all the time and it beats a regular plow for moving snow because I can pick it up and move it or pile it where I want. It took a while this morning because the snow was wet and heavy but I had to get it all cleaned up because tonight it's going to be back down to -10 and everything is going to freeze solid!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Yeah man, I hear that. Once you get a tractor and a few "extras" it'll be in use all the time. Nice looking place. We miss ours a bunch. This living in a small town, close to medical, etc of the larger town, ain't all its cracked to be. I miss pissin' outside

12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    governor ? what governor?

Kip likes this.
  13. seiko_snot

seiko_snot Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    It's not so much about the snow.....the bitter cold Arctic air has been wretched. I personally can't remember such a long stretch with the temperature not going above 32* that can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    My hands will never wrap around a snow shovel again, 74 in the desert today.

WC145, wcanterbury and Kip like this.
  15. Rana

Rana Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    My lil girl loved Grayson.

Attached Files:

WC145 and Kip like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted