1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oregon-Ducks-logo.jpg

Ok my brother and stepdad are Oregon Duck fanatics I would like to get a Duck emblem on some grips and maybe on the slide. Does anyone know if that is possible and if so who could do it

Attachments

·
Hangin' In
985 Posts
Since they won't be winning many Pac 12 championships now that USC is off sanctions, you probably want to keep it real small.

:rofl2:

Fight On!

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
First off,welcome to the forum!

But I have to ask,why would you want to spend good money to advertise a sports team?
Are they paying you,because your going to have a gun that will have LIMITED resale value as well as being tacky as hell.
There is a thread titled "Ferrari 1911" which kinda describes how a lot of us feel about doing what your contemplating doing.

Just my. 02

DAT85

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Ed at Wicked grips can make a sick slide for you as well as grips. Another option for grips is Chris at AlumaGrips.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reasons are many and all sound good in my head so I will stick with that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

·
~
246 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Strange idea, but doable. It reminds me on the "Ferrari" 1911.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks that will work and I am going to Duracoat them everglades and sunburst. All I need now is 2 Les Bear pistols to complete the project

·
Bullet Banger
2,202 Posts
I smell sumptin fishy goin on here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it is not going to be on Les Bears but I will post the pics when it is finished. You naysayers have just pushed me over the edge I am going to do this. Thinking it might be a couple of RIA tacticals, I doubt they will be shot to much.

·
1911's & Gunleather
324 Posts
There are plenty of grip makers that can put logos on grips. The greatest part is grips are easy to change if one day someone changes their mind. I had a set of grips made that had my old business logo. We closed the business and I switched grips.
I say go for it.

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
You know,I think these guys could do the kind of "quality" build your looking for.
http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/

They have a history of the kind of stuff your looking to do to your 1911.

I mean,if your gonna do it,go BIG right? :grin:

DAT85

·
Registered
497 Posts
"Strange idea for a custom 1911"

What gets me, is often times some manufactures does the front strap machining a little different, slap on fancy looking paint, wicked looking grips, new tactical type sights, and calls it a new fantastic 1911 custom model. Come up with a cool name and someone to endorse it for being combat ready.
Is that really a new and better 1911.....no but it sells. Weird isn't it????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts