1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to tell the difference with inspection?

Has anyone had any issues with the rounds getting stuck halfway and half the magazine will still be under tension while the last few rounds fall out freely? (For clarity, say the 8th round in gets jammed up with the 7th, now all the rounds after the 8th round in, fall out freely while rounds 1-8 are stuck further down the mag.)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
mags may have bowed out at that spot and they're wedged side to side.
Of if it's a 9mm with a spacer in it the spacer may be bowed at that area and causing front to back binding.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had one magazine that came with my 2019 P do that. I had to take the magazine apart to get the bullets stuck side by side out. STI replaced it for me and it didn't happen again. I now have a 2020 P duo and have not had any magazine issues.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the same issue with some Gen 1 mags with my STI Nitro 10 2011. I submitted a warranty request to STI on their website, told them about the issue, and they sent me 2 brand new Gen 2 mags free of charge. Folks say that you can make Gen 1 mags reliable and I don't doubt this but I am not wasting my time and took them out of my mag count. The other thing is the price of the Gen2 mags are way less expensive then the Gen1 mags ever were.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a gen2 140mm do that. STI allowed me to send it back - they fixed whatever the issue was and now I've fed my STIs from that mag over a dozen times with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts