1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcons x 2 + 1 Shiney Heinie all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a little windfall come way and wanted to buy a few well 1 1911 but the Wilson market was 2300/2400 for what was on the forum. So if you have sub 2k or close to it Wilson’s, what does that mean for the rest of the not so Wilson market?

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04F6D984-72B2-48EB-8AC1-0BDD0EDF706F.jpeg
I’m Yeah I thought I got my ED Kobra Carry for a deal but heck I could have bought a nice Wilson instead of this with all this built in character

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The market has been in the crapper for higher end guns for a while. Great for the buyer. Who knows what covid fears will do but I'm guessing the "run on guns" will only apply to cheap stuff.

I got some cheap ones that won’t sell local but I don’t have enough post to sell on here yet.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just like the thrill of doing deals and trading as long as I get what I want lol. I have lost on some and came up on some.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Who knows what covid fears will do but I'm guessing the "run on guns" will only apply to cheap stuff.
Was in 2 guns shops yesterday. Many if not most of the "lower priced" handguns and shotguns were gone. Plenty of 1911's in the showcases, even some as inexpensive as $550.

My guess is most of these new buyers are trying to find a caliber they often hear about, such as 9mm. And they want it cheap. And it would make sense for a gun shop to direct these new buyers to a decent handgun that is relatively inexpensive to shoot. Hard to put a new buyer on a $1500 plus 1911 with ammo at $17 or more a box when a polymer 9mm will go for under $500 and ammo is still out there for $10 a box.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was in 2 guns shops yesterday. Many if not most of the "lower priced" handguns and shotguns were gone. Plenty of 1911's in the showcases, even some as inexpensive as $550.

My guess is most of these new buyers are trying to find a caliber they often hear about, such as 9mm. And they want it cheap. And it would make sense for a gun shop to direct these new buyers to a decent handgun that is relatively inexpensive to shoot. Hard to put a new buyer on a $1500 plus 1911 with ammo at $17 or more a box when a polymer 9mm will go for under $500 and ammo is still out there for $10 a box.

I got one of these for sale locally on armslist but nobody has even asked about it and it’s brand new!

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I don't see the high-end 1911 prices going down. Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer, STI, and Alchemy (to name a few) are months behind orders taken. Most of these companies are probably working from home right now (I know STI is), so production will be further slowed.

I have two on-order (a Baer and an Alchemy) and don't expect to see either before July. The Baer has been on-order since last April, and the Alchemy since January. I expect to see used 1911 prices rise.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
View attachment 442147 I’m Yeah I thought I got my ED Kobra Carry for a deal but heck I could have bought a nice Wilson instead of this with all this built in character
Nice Brown,

I can tell you selling right now Just about everything, but mid priced 1911s,
Sold 5 S/A Defender milspec’s yesterday, (1911s are slow movers for us)
when the shelves get thin the mid priced ones will go.

4 HK MK 23s went, It’s kind of a feeding frenzy, most buyers are first time gun owners this is about 99.9% of sales right now. Had a customer ask about a mk23 he knew what he wanted bought it and passed on the virtues of it in casual talk and bang all 4 were gone. Folks it appears are panic buying but it’s a different type of panic then the post Sandyhook tragedy era. If I had to guess your Local gunshop is the second stop after folks hit a supermarket with nothing on the shelves.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see the high-end 1911 prices going down. Wilson, Nighthawk, Baer, STI, and Alchemy (to name a few) are months behind orders taken. Most of these companies are probably working from home right now (I know STI is), so production will be further slowed.

I have two on-order (a Baer and an Alchemy) and don't expect to see either before July. The Baer has been on-order since last April, and the Alchemy since January. I expect to see used 1911 prices rise.

Ordering straight from them yeah I don’t see them dropping prices either. I really just meant individuals.

Reactions: nikerret

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well they are pretty close on the classified section one was 1900 and a few 2100 2200

Reactions: awmp

·
Registered
585 Posts
Really hard to draw broad conclusions based on brand names alone; it comes down to the specific gun, it's configuration, condition and history.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My post was really about the Wilson I had seen drop in price on this forum not so much the brand itself

·
Registered
886 Posts
1D4BC7F4-5B22-433B-A9D5-6BC622C400E0.jpeg

great shooters to watch out for. I just got some new grips for this I haven’t put on yet.

I am becoming a fan boy. I have Baers that are more rank like but the silky smoothness of the Wilson is to be admired. Nighthawk as well.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Think it was Gunbroker but I saw a nice Xtac Wilson listed for 1800 couple of days ago. I have no urge to buy a Wilson and I get a healthy discount with them, I do buy parts from them.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Think it was Gunbroker but I saw a nice Xtac Wilson listed for 1800 couple of days ago. I have no urge to buy a Wilson and I get a healthy discount with them, I do buy parts from them.

I’m bought out now. I went through about 6k and got a lot of guns that are nice but not Wilson. I’d rather multiple guns at the moment some time I’ll save and get the one I want but till then it’s DW and usually anything less than 1500 haha

1 - 20 of 40 Posts