Such a deal....

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Slapshot, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Can’t make this stuff up.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    This has to be a scam or an attempt at one. Armslist is very sketchy at best. I have been stood up more times than a wallflower on her wedding day from that website.. Would be a great thing if it were legit, but I have to assume there is either a huge error or the person in just having some fun at the expense of others. Then again didn't realize what that was, maybe not.. hmm interesting would make for a nice build I would think.. Grab it up and send it to me lol...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    boatdoc and UBOATDOC like this.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    Armslist has been full of scammers for quite a while.

4. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I’d drive to Clev for that deal!

5. bobo3020

Jul 31, 2014
    But sadly too good to be true typically is

6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Might not be after looking at the ad, it is a GI model, Quite possible but, I am just very leery with Armslist, like I said I have been stood up too many times. And many times the deal was cancelled after I was well on my way to a meeting destination. One time I drove clear to Columbus, nearly a 2 hour drive, the guy stood me up, wouldn't contact me back and was a member on a forum.. I found out and called him out publicly and he made excuses then another guy come in and said you mean the gun you sold me was already promised... BUSTED.. Guy got booted from the forum lol..

FWoo45 likes this.
  7. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    ‘Tis’ the Season. All the scammers are working overtime. Keep your head on a swivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWoo45 and Steve Owens like this.
  8. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Not sure about this deal but I've bought and sold a few on Armslist local with only good experiences. Like every other transaction, must exercise caution and common sense.

Steve Owens likes this.
  9. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Oh, I have had some positive experiences as well, but many more negatives.. Seeing how there is no real way to prove their trust worthiness, like the trade ratings on this site. Just makes it more difficult at time. I have learned a bit more how to weed out the ones to stay away from.. On one occasion a fellow and I had a deal, for a day and a half, I was leaving out to pick up the pistol, just a base gun, 1/2 way there he texts me that he changed his mind, gonna give it to his Dad instead. Just numerous experiences like that tend to make my shy away from pursuing too much on there..

razorbacker likes this.
  10. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Probably Ed Brown grips or guide rod. Full length guide rods aren't standard on mil spec

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

richiecotite likes this.
  11. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I just don’t do Armslist, period....
    Good or bad it’s just one less thing I have to worry about. I’m only an hour from Cleveland too:(

1911 dawg and UBOATDOC like this.
  12. grayghostforge

grayghostforge Hit it while its hot

May 17, 2017
    armslist reeks of scams to get robbed of your cash and police stings...

13. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I just checked this listing and a few things stand out that it might be legit:

1. He’s been on Armslist since 01/2016
    2. He has 6 or 7 other guns listed on Armslist (linked in this ad)

If I have concerns I’ll Google the exact listing or description, word for word, to see if the same description or picture shows up in another ad somewhere else. I’ve found a few that are identical photos, didn’t find one on this ad.

Might be legit.

14. richiecotite

richiecotite Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Agreed; it’s a pretty common technique to get more views. I bet the actual description is accurate.

edit* he really called it an Ed brown edition. NM with all that I just posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  15. bobo3020

Jul 31, 2014
    Fyi i got an email from armslist stating that post been flagged as scam.

PewPewPtwang and Slapshot like this.
  16. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    And here I was hoping that perhaps it was a widow selling off her husbands guns for the price she was told he had paid.

17. bobo3020

Jul 31, 2014
    :grin::grin::grin:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted