Suggestions needed for compact Recoil Springs

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Slav, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Slav

Slav Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Hello Gents,
    I introduced myself short time ago, and you probably know what I'm up to. If not - I'm Slav, one of the Co-Founders of BHSpringSolutions.
    As a small company we have the advantage to be flexible and to react relatively fast to customer's wishes, suggestions and complaints (if any) and at the same time to keep the QC at the highest levels (we don't order our springs to cheap Chinese suppliers with some ridiculous "out-of-spec" ratio. We do follow and supervise the whole spring production process) .
    Recently we started producing recoil springs for the Officer's and Commander sized 1911s.
    For the moment we are carrying the following recoil springs:
    For the Commander : 16lb., 17lb.,18lb., 20lb. and 18lb variable
    For the Officer : 22lb.

My question to you is:
    Do you think there's a need for bigger variety in the recoil springs for those barrel lengths, and what poundage would you like to see that's not shown above?

P.S.
    I hope this thread would not be accepted as an advertisement as it isn't intended to be one. If it somehow brakes the rules, I'd like to ask the moderators to remove it. Thank you!

2. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    I think you could make some money selling springs for 3” ultra Kimbers and Colt defender for both 9mm and 45 personally if you could make a guide rod and spring plug also I think you would sell a lot of them.. it seems it’s something that is missing in almost all other retailers lineups.

41 Charlie and Mike Meints like this.

3. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    There does seem to be a lot of questions / interest in 3" 1911 springs. I'm not a fan of the smaller 1911s, but may be a market here as WWB stated above.

Wilsonwessonbrown likes this.
  4. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Got rid of my Defender because the springs don't last more than a few hundred rounds and then it fails to feed again.

5. BloodyBill

BloodyBill Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 1, 2017
    For whatever it's worth, I replaced my 2 Defender's recoil springs with Kimber captured recoil springs for a 3" 1911 and they work wonderfully, both 9 mm and .45

6. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I just got tired of it. The damn thing was almost a thousand dollars and I can't put three hundred rounds through it without replacing the springs. Junk.

7. 358156hp

358156hp Member

Mar 30, 2014
    That's pretty much par for the course with a hotrod sub-compact 1911. I had one, and would seriously consider another if the opportunity (money) presented itself. Be glad it wasn't a Champion, like mine. Those springs are hard enough to find at times that I buy a half-dozen at a time direct from Wolff.

8. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    If you are looking for a niche look at the 1911 dual recoil springs that seem to have become trendy recently. Information and availability for this type of spring leaves a little to be desired.

Wilsonwessonbrown likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted