1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to put my money where my mouth is regarding not buying crap from China and so I decided that I'm switching my primary weapon light to a Surefire X300 ultra. I know the TLR1 HL says "assembled" in USA which usually means foreign sourced parts and they just put it together here. Nothing wrong with the Streamlight and it'll be assigned to my Glock 45 for truck duty but I want my American gun to have an American light. I'll post pictures once it arrives :).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I believe Inforce is another brand that is USA made. I suppose the CREE LEDs are likely made in China for both brands.

Edit: looks like CREE manufactures in North Carolina!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I love my X300u so much that I may be buying another soon. My M9A3 and M45A1 are both brown, so I have to get another color to match! I'm sure you'll love it and good on you for buying American.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We use Streamlight TLR-1HLs on our Glock 31s at work. They are good lights, take a beating (just like the Glocks) and ALWAYS work. My patrol rifle also wears a Streamlight. On my own guns, on my own time, it's all SureFire.

·
Registered
171 Posts
just saw that Inforce is going to aluminum pistol-mounted lights - should be for sale in 60 days or so. Current APL/APLc models are discontinued.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts