1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Surefire vs Streamlight?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently picked up a railed SW1911 and I'm trying to decide between the two above flashlights. I've never owned a pistol mounted light so I want to get some input on both of these as they seem to be the top 2 contenders. Which one would you recommend and why? Is the the Surefire worth nearly 3x the price? If you pick one over the other, please say what you didn't like about the other.

·
just one more
656 Posts
I've played with the surefire but personally went with the streamlight. I think anyone but a streamlight Rep will tell you the surefire is a better light, but for me it's to far into diminished returns territory. Having shot a streamlight on pistols, ARs and a few rounds with a shotgun it's more than adequate.

For my Dollars the TRL-HL wins.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had 2 surefires that stopped working and needed warranty work. Have had 4 streamlights and they all worked great.
I actually ended up buying the Streamlight initially but I decided I want a light that's made in US so I ordered an X300 and now my Streamlight will go on my Glock 45. The Streamlight has been great, I just want my 1911 to be 100% made in US :)

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,254 Posts
Which one has more holsters available?
My guess is SureFire. The X300 has to be the most ubiquitous WML out there.
That alone would sway me to SF.
Well, than and then shear number of them that I own.

Reactions: SW1911302

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,626 Posts
Metal Baggage Cylinder
Beige Metal Steel Digital camera Silver
I myself am a Streamlight guy. I have owned many of them. I love how bright they are and the reach of the solid beam.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I’ve owned both, before purchasing one I highly recommend you try out each unit.

There is no doubt the X300 is the more robust and better looking of the two. Output wise I think they are about the same. The switch activation of the X300 is a hard stop for me. I really dislike pushing forward with my support hand thumb and much prefer the pushing down activation on the Streamlight.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
The streamlight is the only light I've ever owned that broke without abuse. Battery door hinge snapped....went back for warranty repair and broke again when it returned. Placed in trash.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I’ve owned both, before purchasing one I highly recommend you try out each unit.

There is no doubt the X300 is the more robust and better looking of the two. Output wise I think they are about the same. The switch activation of the X300 is a hard stop for me. I really dislike pushing forward with my support hand thumb and much prefer the pushing down activation on the Streamlight.
The x300u has both activation motions. You can push it forward for momentary or rotate for constant on. Just in case some didn't know.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I actually ended up going with the Streamlight initially but just recently bought the X300 because it was made in US. Nothing wrong with the Streamlight and I'll keep on my Glock since it's not made in the US either :)

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
7,626 Posts
Those both look great, I wanted the G19X but the 45 was all my store had at the time and I wish I would have waited.

I sold mine yesterday. I’m sure I’ll end up with another. I really want an Edc X9 though. So I’m trying to save my money.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts