1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Perseverance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering what everyone's perseverance is, I have quite a few 1911's. Mostly single stack .45, a few 9mm. I did pick up a Springfield Prodigy (haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet...hospital stay put a crimp in my style lol) I'm thinking I need either a Staccato or something like a Wilson Combat EDC. I'm an old guy, old school...1911 should be in gods caliber and single stack. I'm starting to try and change that but you know OLD GUY.

· Premium Member
174 Posts
I say do both!
I love me a Staccato, but the Wilson to me is so refined and just beautiful. It's like watches, another addiction, for many of us here. I have a watch I wear while working in the garage, and watches for taking my girlfriend out for date night.
Photograph White Air gun Trigger Line

· Premium Member
967 Posts
Wilson is always a good choice. If you want a double stack that feels close to a 1911, I would suggest the SFX 5’, and if you like something slightly more refined the EDC X9. If you want to go tech 1911 add the red dot option, which is awesome for used eyes, and once mastered will make you quickper and more accurate.

Here they are next to a Wilson 45 for size context:
Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal

And some closer view of the double stacks:
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Font Personal protective equipment Gun barrel Handgun holster Safety glove

· Registered
1,899 Posts
I am just wondering what everyone's perseverance is, I have quite a few 1911's. Mostly single stack .45, a few 9mm. I did pick up a Springfield Prodigy (haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet...hospital stay put a crimp in my style lol) I'm thinking I need either a Staccato or something like a Wilson Combat EDC. I'm an old guy, old school...1911 should be in gods caliber and single stack. I'm starting to try and change that but you know OLD GUY.
I also own a Prodigy that has been nothing but reliable for me. Wilson EDC-9 is on my short list of must-haves so that's my vote. Stacado is overrated. Look at everyone that's immediately selling theirs

· Registered
219 Posts
All the craziness over 9mm 2011 with optics are overrated. The beauty of 1911 is its slim shape that carry 45acp caliber.

2011 is bulky with high capacity which ruined the classic 1911 shape.

For 9mm i rather have alien, cz or polymers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts